Tony Hawk has a Dreamcast

racketboy

Established Member
thought this was interesting:

http://www.wired.com/wired....ic_set=

It's in an article in Wired about wired homes of the celebs.

You can see the DC in the picture, but article fails to mention it among his list of systems
sad.gif

He has a ton including a special PS2

Another example of the blatant anti-sega bias in the media. It's right there in the picture. Makes me mad
angry.gif

I remember seeing sega games on tv shows and in magazines during its time of glory, so dont completely blame the media for being sega biased. Just blame thm for being trendy and gimmicky.

Seems al commercials or other mass marketed television shows/ads either have fids playing an N64 or a PS2.. go figure

Yeah I love the part -- "Hawk never made the choice. He owns all three — a PlayStation 2, a GameCube, and an Xbox — along with some 100 games."

As if none other (128-bit even) systems exist

Paranoia, paranoia, wherefor art th.. Nevermind. Us Sega fans really have tendancy to be far too sensitive about these things.

Incidentally, I can do a pretty good kickflip. Does that mean I qualify to get a complimentary broken second-hand Xbox controller or something?

In a few years they might even give me a Commodore 64, if I get some practice in. Ah.. Dreams.

Originally posted by Myname@Oct. 23 2002, 1:28 pm

Paranoia, paranoia, wherefor art th.. Nevermind. Us Sega fans really have tendancy to be far too sensitive about these things.

I know, but that's what makes us Sega junkies
smile.gif

It seems that we Sega fans have a bit to be PO's about, tho. If you talk about TV shows (sitcoms, etc) then Sega can be seen fairly often. If you talk about Game Review shows, when we have something worthwhile, it seems to get noticed. But in the print media and a lot of multi-console online media, Sega hasn't lived down the 32X thing. They were slagging the DC and saying it would suck long before it even came out. I saw quite a bit of it and I know I wasn't imagining it. I was heavily anticipating the DC's launch and I had a hard time finding unbiased news regarding the development.

Yeah Dreamcast had very little hype around it.

But can still remember the awe I felt playing the 1st level of Sonic Adventure in a pre-launch demo. Ahhhhhhh......!

Nothing at the time even came close to being that cool!

On MTV cribs, he held up the dreamcast and said how much he liked it, but that he didn't play it as much anymore, or something like that...

Back