Touble whith skies of arcadia

my game freezes when im at the part right at the end where i have to give the ship guy a map or a crystal so i can get through the spinning weather thing i give it to him then the game freezes

pardon my ignorance i gave up on it 6 months ago and now im back at it

Electronics Boutique is selling Skies of Arcadia game for $19.99 right now, so is Shenmue for the same price.
biggrin.gif

I got them both (as well as Grandia II from EB),
heart.gif

Shenmue I've finished, but like kabe2k, it's been a long time since I've last played SOA (still was on the first disc zzz).

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@May 19 2002,17:14

Electronics Boutique is selling Skies of Arcadia game for $19.99 right now, so is Shenmue for the same price.
biggrin.gif

I got them both (as well as Grandia II from EB),
heart.gif

Shenmue I've finished, but like kabe2k, it's been a long time since I've last played SOA (still was on the first disc zzz).

I was just asking cuz I know that the pirated version does some weird stuff with the game (real-time decompression and such) so it might cause the game to crash, definately worth buying though.

how much was grandia 2?

hmmm.. if i pick that up and silver i think i'll have all the dc rpgs that are in english

sad

but then again the segacd seems like the only sega console that had a decent ratio of rpgs to everything else

I got Grandia II for $19.95 plus shipping at Electronics Boutique almost 9 months ago. However, they don't carry Grandia II for the DC anymore according to their DC RPG section; all they have are the PS2 and PC versions, both at $39.95.

know if they are any differences between the pc and dc versions?

passed up an opprutnity to get it used at funcoland for 25$

pr'lly should've

grandia 2 for the pc doesnt run very well even on decent systems from what ive seen, your better off sticking with the dc version

ive seen in some of the ps2 reviews that they feel the dc version was better than the ps2 one as well, so bear that in mind as well

Hmm, it seems that EB has lowered the price of the PC version of Grandia II; it's now $19.99.

Originally posted by megametalgreymon@June 03 2002,12:35

grandia 2 for the pc doesnt run very well even on decent systems from what ive seen, your better off sticking with the dc version

ive seen in some of the ps2 reviews that they feel the dc version was better than the ps2 one as well, so bear that in mind as well

Don't forget that the DC version comes with a music disc.
smile.gif
Can someone confirm whether the PS2 or PC version comes with it as well?

Man... funcoland and their affliates really suck, atleast over here. When they get used games they toss the box or get rid of the front/back cd covers and then put the cartridges and cds into plastic sleeves. On the topic of the Skies of Arcadia rip, it's horrible, the music is out of sync and the thing always stutters, I picked up my original copy for $15. It's worth every penny and more.

man thats BS what that funco does.......

any way funco really doesn't exsist any longer gamestop bought them all out

and gamespot sucks too prices are higheer and they don't carry gamegear/saturn or half the stuff funco did

its really a pitty

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+June 05 2002,07:04--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ June 05 2002,07:04)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hmm, it seems that EB has lowered the price of the PC version of Grandia II; it's now $19.99.

<!--QuoteBegin-megametalgreymon
@June 03 2002,12:35

Don't forget that the DC version comes with a music disc.
smile.gif
Can someone confirm whether the PS2 or PC version comes with it as well?[/b][/quote]

dammit, the euro one doesnt get that music cd

I had that same problem with the games but at a difrent part in the game, after returning and getting a New one 3 times, I cought on that it was my DC being it was the 1'st edition meaning i got it 9.9.99, The game would not run so i put it in a newer 1 and it worked fine! Hope this helps?

just to let you know I have an original copy and mine freezes before a ship battle after the same cutscene every time. All you see it a black screen and hear the music playing

GD-ROMs are more sensible to dust and minor scratches than CDs. I got a RE: Code Veronica that freezes in a certain FMV, after you fight that "dude" with the big axe.

Maybe you sohuld try resurfacing the disc?

If you afraid of that, the only option other than buying a whole new copy is borrowing a copy, playing past that point, saving, then going back to your disc.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Jul 10, 2003 @ 09:50 PM

If you afraid of that, the only option other than buying a whole new copy is borrowing a copy, playing past that point, saving, then going back to your disc.

that's what I'm planning on doing

I've heard this game is especially bad for fecking up. I assume you've tried wipeing it carefully and common sense stuff like that. It sucks that it can ruin a whole game thanks to one little spec/scratch. I'd suggest buying those spiffy new cd repair products that are out everywhere and give them a shot. Other than that, hit your dc when it gets to the part that it screws up. Not really smart but it worked for me at the end of Rez, it freezes there for some reason. I must skip it ahead enough to continue. Then again, that dc did end up electrocuting me a bit so I suppose it got me back for smacking it <_<

Originally posted by megametalgreymon@Jun 8, 2002 @ 04:35 PM

dammit, the euro one doesnt get that music cd

I actually have this music cd, I traded a guy a game for 2 VMUs and he also sent that just as a bonus. You can have it if you want it
smile.gif

---Ammut

Back