Translating Capcom's already translated titles?

Hey all, quick question here, and it has probably been looked into, but I was wondering if anyone tried to do translation for X-men vs Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, the D&D duology, and finally Vampire Savior. From what I understand the Saturn ports are the best versions of these games, and there are English version available for other systems. Was inserting the different files from say the English releases unworkable, or did no one ever try?

Most of these games are already "playable" enough, and the Saturn community has not have had many translators. I started the Shining Force 3 translation 15+ years ago, and in that amount of time, we have only seen a handful amount of translations. (Probably less than 30 is my best estimate). There is just not enough interest from talented people to make translations for the Saturn when there are far easier consoles people have more of a love for.

Cool beans. Saw that vampire savior one just before coming back here.

So might look into the differences between Zero 3 and Alpha 3 on PSX and see if the files are similar, can't hurt I suppose.

Cool beans. Saw that vampire savior one just before coming back here.

So might look into the differences between Zero 3 and Alpha 3 on PSX and see if the files are similar, can't hurt I suppose.
On the Saturn version each line of text is just 1 big graphic tile. I poked around and its doable.
1640173526311.png

1640173468582.png

Well not all of the text is stored that way. Just the text for that screen. I've dug into Street Fighter Zero 3 a few times and there are similarities between the PS1 and Dreamcast versions, it also has some significant differences.

I didnt dig too deep, but the main menu text and the world tour text is stored like that (but the world tour text is sort of jigsaw puzzled together). I dont really see the purpose of bothering with the win quotes or changing the Boxer's name to Balrog and stuff like that.

Well there's also the endings, the story battles, world tour mode, the character bio's, etc. There's actually quite a bit if someone wanted to do a full translation.

The quotes from the characters would be quite cool to understand, not mandatory obviously, but they'd be welcome. I'd do it if I had the programming knowledge required, it can't be as deep as an RPG like Grandia or SFIII and they have been translated.

I was thinking about this in few days ago: have so many Capcom games, but to Dreamcast as the series For Matching Service to be translated because they are living the internet servers again.

Will be cool play game online again and in English like: Super Street Fighter 2X, Super Puzzle Fighter, Vampire Savior, Street Fighter Zero 3, Marvel VS Capcom 2, Capcom VS SNK 2

Back