I see. Is it Adol on your user pic? Other two games probably dont need translation as they already fully english in original mode (as i heard), though not checked myself (and i bet, you too).As a big Falcom fan, I would love to see a complete translation of Falcom Classics! The other two games should be much simpler to deal with compared to Ys.
I will let CrawdKenny know, thank you!One thing I noticed in the latest screenshots besides the obvious line break issues: The actual name of the tower is Darm Tower. That's how it has been translated in every localization since the Turbografx, and it's named after the main villain of Ys II.
Yes, sir!Keep up the good work!
I finally started a play-through of this translation (Version 0.76). I'm sorry for saying this, but it's very rough. As a fan, it appears to me that very little research or checking was done on the text. Romanization of names is all over the place, there are grammatical errors, factual errors, punctuation errors and bizarre page breaks everywhere, and that's just from playing up to being about to leave Minea.
If I am coming across as harsh, I sincerely apologize. It's only because I want the best for this project.
I made a list of the problems I've encountered so far:
1. For some reason, Original Mode is not selectable.
1. Translation Error: Bagyu Badet (as it's translated here) is the name of the crater, not a cave which could be confused with the Rastin Silver Mine.
2. Grammatical Error: The man who tells you of Donis says "He's better not be getting drunk at the bar again!" The sentence should start with "He".
3. Grammatical Error: When talking to Donis, he says "This probably the work of..." There should be a "is" in there to be grammatically correct.
4. Punctuation Error: When buying the Sapphire Ring from Pim, he states, "I'll let you have the pleasure of seeing her face when you give it to her" Without an ellipsis to lead into the next page, it looks really awkward.
5. Inconsistency: Sara refers to the mountain village's name being "Zepic." A random NPC in Minea calls it "Zeptic."
6. Translation Error: The Crystal that Sara gives you is not her Crystal Ball.
7. Punctuation Error: If you try to buy an Herb at the clinic when Dr. Claus is in, there are several pages which break off in the middle of a sentence. It looks awkward without any ellipses.
7. Textbox error: If you try to buy an Herb from the clinic without enough money, the text box, "You don't have enough gold." is broken into two mid-word.
I will continue to play, and let you know if I find anything else. It's honestly not a bad start, but it needs polishing.