trouble booting cd-rs properly

ive been burnin saturn games for a while now, and havent ran into much trouble. but recently, i burned doa and msh, and they both freeze early in the game. so i took it that its a bad rip and i throw them away. later i burn virtual on with the same problem. so instead of using legend of oasis for the swap trick, i use nights, and im surprised that the games actually run without freezing, but im still missing audio. can anybody tell me why this is so? and is there a definate way to ceaze this problem?

Get a modboard for your Saturn. :
wink.gif
:

Get the addresses of everyone who ripped crappy games for you, send them hate mail, and make sure you powder it with Anthrax....

Originally posted by mal@July 20 2002, 3:45 am

I am.

laugh.gif
you gotta love those quick replies(btw i got everything working
smile.gif
thanks for replying to at least one of my pms, mal
biggrin.gif
)

OH i know. God i love having an uncle who can make a line-splitter out of scratch
smile.gif
. Ok the problem could be one of two things.

(1). The reason it will boot with nights and not LoO is because (maybe) Nights is a bigger game and the boot up code could be different for a two-mode game. Thus giving the saturn enough power to boot up your burns. The reason it might not typically work is becuase it could be dirty or old and weak from use which is why the laser may have trouble booting with other games. I know that this happened to me before. I couldn't boot nights with my demo disc so i used a game which i thought to have more data, burning rangers. So this works.

(2). your saturn is old/dirty/busted. Try taking off the shell and cleaning the two guide bars the laser module slides on. DONT TOUCH THE EYE THOUGH.

So it's probably one of those two things. If not, i'm sorry but i can't help ya any further.

did you switch the brand of cdr s you're using?

seems i've heard tales of cheapo discs not working inna saturn.

i've also noticed that satconv works if you're converting jap to us, but not euro to us. i think this has something to do with the fact that all the euro images i have were pr'lly jap or us to begin with and got satconved to euro.

one final note, i just ate an enormous carnitas burrito and followed it up with a chocolate home run pie, now i think imma go puke

i thought about it earlier, and it appears that this has only happned after installing xp. anybody that wants to install xp, your better off with 98. this is by far the worst microsoft tedium yet. internet explorer crashes all the time. error reports, and on top of that, it doesnt come with atapi drivers, which u need to burn games. and it has horrible compatibility. ive installed it on 2 pcs so far, and it bogs both. on my desktop, my windows user account corrupted, and everytime i reboot, all setting like desktop resolution resets, what a pain.

so after installing it on one computer and having problems with it, you went and installed it on another ???

well, at least he gave it another shot instead of installing me.

everytime my friends come over tehy always say "i can't believe you're still running 98" my response is always the same "it works (kind of)"

not the case. one pc doesnt have a burner, and i barely use that one. now im having trouble installing 98. apparently my hard drive is poop now. i fuckin hate microsoft, its time i became a mac user.

i just burned sonic r. it runs fine but theres no music. i dont know what im doin wrong either. i installed new aspi drivers b4 i burned it.

know those mac commercials about those peole switching over from pc to mac? I hate those people for the soul reason that they get to say how much they hate windows and i don't...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by klakalou@July 19 2002, 4:37 pm

i thought about it earlier, and it appears that this has only happned after installing xp. anybody that wants to install xp, your better off with 98. this is by far the worst microsoft tedium yet. internet explorer crashes all the time. error reports, and on top of that, it doesnt come with atapi drivers, which u need to burn games. and it has horrible compatibility. ive installed it on 2 pcs so far, and it bogs both. on my desktop, my windows user account corrupted, and everytime i reboot, all setting like desktop resolution resets, what a pain.

1. Go to Windows Update

2. Update your Video Card Drivers

3. To install ASPI drivers, you copy one DLL into your system32 folder, what is the big deal? And almost all of hte burnign software now has versions with their own drivers if oyu want them.

4. Take off error reporting if oyu don't want to know about them.
wink.gif

Damn, at least Windows tells you what is wrong (sort of, or at least it tries), Macs jsut show a little bomb and tell you to restart your computer without savcing any of your files like Dogbert.

But I would like to get an Apple to use with Photoshop and video editors, but I wouldn't use it for much else.

Back