TURBO DUO!!!

hehe the only thing i remember is that it was so hyped when it came out (at least, where i lived). they had promotions everywhere and also they gave out free stickers (stickers!!!) of their mascots bonk and zonk.

the ironic thing is, the turbo's came out AFTER the release of sega genesis (samsung supa gemboy) and i believe, even after snes (hyundai supa cumboy)

no one in their right mind bought it. i doubt they even bothered importing the cd-rom version.

The hype was heavy in America too; they pushed the system as being "16-bit", despite the fact that the core of the system was 8-bit in the usual ways. However, the "bits" arguments are generally pure marketing crap, and likewise the PC-Engine/TurboGrafx was (and is) clearly a very nice system. If "nobody in their right mind" bought it, they must have forgotten to release all the killer shooter conversions that were on it...

Where did you live? up here in canada the turbo duo is a sought after item. I remember playing just the turbografx somewhere and I loved it, I coulda got a turboexpress for $80 canadian with 20 games but some ass from a really crappy video game store bought it before I got my paycheck, man wasI ever pissed off! it was in mint condition. but yeah, if worse comes to worse, i'll buy the duo off an american importer for like $200. It was a good system, just 8 bit couldnt compare to 16 bit.

My buddy bought a TG16 and added on the CD unit a bit later. I LOVED his system. The CD. The Turbo Tap (multiplayer). A bit ahead of it's time.

World Class Baseball, while fairly simply, is one of the best baseball games I've played on ANY system ... ever. The gameplay/control was outstanding. Two-player heaven.

Also, regarding sports titles, TV Sports Football was a quite original and, I think, fun.

Lots of great games on that system. I bought a Genesis later and thought his system was equally as strong. 8-bit/16-bit, blah, blah. The TG played like a 16-bit to me.

Anyway, the system (PC-Engine) did OUTSTANDING in Japan. Beat out the Megadrive there.

(Edited by buck16 at 7:26 pm on Jan. 15, 2002)

Quote: from ExCyber on 5:28 pm on Jan. 15, 2002

it's probably Korea.

someone studies their geo! you get a cookie for that

anyway, there really were no good games released for tg in korea. the only ones i actually remember are bonk 1 and super zonk. i guess they had no chance when it was released after genesis.

Y's is a very good series. Exile is good too. I think this is cool knowing ppl who love turbo duo/pc engine. I didn't know too many ppl who loved that system. My friend was theonly other one and he's hardcore about that system...then again he's hardcore with video games period.

I think we should push this system more since it is indeed the underdog system.

I think pc engine had awesome arcade translations... too bad many of them didn't come to the US.

What games do most of you guys have? I don't have a whole lot since i honestly started collecting recently.

Kyosuke75

Ratamahatta, your signature also needs to say "Cloud121" under the graphic. Then I will excuse you for your Ys sucks comment.

Back