Turning my TV on its SIDE

Ok, I just finished turning my TV on its side. I was playing Ikagura and thought it would be cool to have a full screen rather than that narrow sliver of a playfield (moan)...

I thought there would be a tons of games between my Saturn and Dreamcast to make flipping my TV worth it... NOPE! After Ikagura... which played ok. No big deal, still blurry... I tried other DC shooters... Mars MAtrix, Giga Wing 2. None of them have a sideways mode!

So I remember Galatic Attack for Saturn has a sideways mode. I switch to Saturn. Played it, but when I went to check out other shooters, none of them had a sideways mode! I could have sworn Radiant SIlvergun did! No.

THen I started to notice some strange things on my 27-inch tv. The screen started to seem blurred and it looked like the color palette was switching (I am colorblind, but I was pretty sure, the colors had changed several times during a game). I guess that's bad for the tv. So screw it... I put it back in its original position. Only 3 games made it not worth the experiment.

Ok, bottom line: not worth it. But I am wondering, does anyone know of any other games that have a sideways mode for a vertical screen?

Some Playstation arcade conversions (Capcom collection, Xevious, Strikers 1945 II) have a sideways mode but I don't know of any exhaustive list.

Originally posted by jeff-20@Apr 7, 2003 @ 12:55 AM

THen I started to notice some strange things on my 27-inch tv. The screen started to seem blurred and it looked like the color palette was switching (I am colorblind, but I was pretty sure, the colors had changed several times during a game). I guess that's bad for the tv. So screw it... I put it back in its original position. Only 3 games made it not worth the experiment.

This is a problem with the way the TV interacts with the Earth's magnetic field. I think if you do a "de-gauss", it'll correct the problem - at least until you flip it back the other way.

I still wouldn't recommend doing it on a regular basis.
smile.gif

I can think its worth it
smile.gif
, DonPachi and DoDonpachi only these two make it worth the trouble, Strikers 1945 and II, Sonic Wings Special, Soukyo Gurentai (I´m not sure about soukyo).

There was a guide somewhere that seemed certain that if you left your TV turned off (and unplugged at the mains) for 15-20 minutes before rotating it or turning it back, then you shouldn't have any problems. It's never adversely affected my TV..

I do think it's worth it though, you just have to psyche yourself up for a long shmupfest
smile.gif

Originally posted by Myname@Apr 6, 2003 @ 04:41 PM

There was a guide somewhere that seemed certain that if you left your TV turned off (and unplugged at the mains) for 15-20 minutes before rotating it or turning it back, then you shouldn't have any problems. It's never adversely affected my TV...

Ok does *anyone* go to the links I give in my posts or what ^^ ?

i forgot about 1945!!! I really wanted to play that too... but now I'll have to wait until I have the time and bravery to flip my TV again.

I also forgot to mention the game I think is better than RADAINT SILVERGUN! Yes, BETTER... Layer Section 2. But I don't think it has a sideways mode!

Originally posted by CHAZumaru °_°+Apr 7, 2003 @ 01:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CHAZumaru °_° @ Apr 7, 2003 @ 01:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Myname@Apr 6, 2003 @ 04:41 PM

There was a guide somewhere that seemed certain that if you left your TV turned off (and unplugged at the mains) for 15-20 minutes before rotating it or turning it back, then you shouldn't have any problems. It's never adversely affected my TV...

Ok does *anyone* go to the links I give in my posts or what ^^ ? [/b][/quote]

No, sorry. What do you link to?
tongue.gif

Back