Twilight Princess won't be out until Fall 2006

Don't know if anyone has heard yet, but this is the story I got:

Twilight Princess confirmed for a fall release

In an interview with Spike TV, marketing manager of Nintendo of America Reggie Fils-Aime, has just confirmed that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will not be seeing a release untill this fall.

Speculations have gone crazy lately, with retailer after retailer putting the community up-side down. This is probably the reason Reggie speaks out now, that the game will not release before E3 and will be released for the Gamecube in the fall of 2006.

Whether we should be happy to have been proven our point of the retailers talking nothing but bogus, be happy they will spend more time on making it even better, or cry our hearts out for having to wait even longer, we don't know. As we have said before, Nintendo has it's own kind of logic and it works for them, so let's have good hope and look forward to a game that will still shake the gaming world to it's very foundations.

*Source: Hyrule.net newsletter.

i've worked at a retail store for awhile and i've gotta say that retailers take the liberty of pre-orders to an extent beyond imagination. Don't beleive retailers because all they want is your money for something they have nothing to do with (therefore they don't know more or less about a product than you do especially release dates).

See, that's why I don't go by what information retailers have on release dates (or video games in general). If I wanted the exact truth for a game, I would look at the source of the game.

Speaking of, I did see a few Best Buy letters that spoke of delays. The first one called for a delay until November, the second took back the date, and then the third said April 1st, 2500.

Impossible. WHY would they wait to release this the same time as the revolution? There are 3 possibilities:

1. It will be released sooner than the revolution, so a summerish release.
2. We wont be seeing Rev this year.
3. It will have some cool *must have* features that are only available when played on Rev.

What you guys think?

Possibility #3 sounds like one of their reasons. Another possibility is that they are playing off the release date of both the Revolution and Twilight Princess, and Revolution's ability to play Gamecube games. Sort of a Backwards Launch Title, if you would call it so.

If that's the case, Nintendo would definitely sell a lot of Revolutions during launch because of this game, and Zelda's popularity in general. They also know of the GC's limited success, and who's really going to buy a console in its late stages just for a game when a newer console is coming out that can play that game and thensome?

To me, that sounds like an excellent way to push 2 products at the same time. This delay would definitely help Nintendo in every way.

There better be some extra content on the Rev, would be STUPID for them to hold it so long w/ no upgrades....I bet they will though.

I suppose a lot of Gamecube games (and possibly some from the NES, SNES, and N64) will have additional features unlockable on the Revolution. Maybe with the delay, they put the features directly on the game; what I mean by this is other games for the GC, in order to have extra Revolution features, will probably need a patch to unlock Revolution controls.

Say like Metroid Prime 2, which Gamespot was able to play on the Revolution with its controller (Gamespot Article); it'll probably needed a patch direct on the Revolution. With Twilight Princesss, they can put the features on the game, rather than having the player use up some of the Revolution's Internal Memory.

That won't be the likely case for the NES, SNES, and N64 games because they are downloaded onto the Revolution itself, and whatever Revolution exclusive features would be bundled in with the game file.

It's just a thought though, and I may be wrong about that unless TP is on 2 discs. Who knows what Nintendo is doing.

I have yet to preorder mine... I'm so ashamed of myself!

Dunno why I haven't yet, maybe I knew subconciously it wasn't coming out for a while. Don't have to worry about that much now that I have until Fall..... hey, that's a good thing about this delay, more time for preorders :)

They could port the GBC ones to GC. Or they could just give away some sort of soundtrack CD.

Best Buy had a display claiming April 1, 2005 today, but with a sign below it saying "release dates are subject to change."

Hmmm... Who would schedule one of a system's most anticipitated releases to come out on APRIL FOOL'S DAY!??!

With the Game Boy Player, is there any need to port GB games to the GC? I'd go with the music on that one.

They should hand out like a replica of that green hat similar to what Link wears in the game. Wouldn't that be neat? I'd wear mine for a long time :D

As for the April 1st thing, that would seem more like an EGM type of joke to me....

Back