Update on SSSDK

Red Ring Rico

Mid Boss
Here's the thing. I started a new job three weeks ago and I have a lot less time than before. This isn't me announcing the end of my involvement with the Saturn and homebrew. Just letting everyone know why I've been even more silent than normal. Moving into a new place also meant that I have had no Internet connection for the past week. Using my smartphone right now and it's a pain to write this on the train. I'm also going to be taking part in DC JAM 2016 this September, which will slow things down, too. It sucks because I was starting work on the CD block and found some really useful examples on the Yabause wiki that allowed me to check the disc type, still haven't read any data; had to step up my packing for moving at the time.

Here's the thing. I started a new job three weeks ago and I have a lot less time than before. This isn't me announcing the end of my involvement with the Saturn and homebrew. Just letting everyone know why I've been even more silent than normal. Moving into a new place also meant that I have had no Internet connection for the past week. Using my smartphone right now and it's a pain to write this on the train. I'm also going to be taking part in DC JAM 2016 this September, which will slow things down, too. It sucks because I was starting work on the CD block and found some really useful examples on the Yabause wiki that allowed me to check the disc type, still haven't read any data; had to step up my packing for moving at the time.

Take care of getting your life in order, moving and starting a new job is an awful lot to take on at once. The Saturn homebrew scene can wait :)

<SSSDK-Bot> Starting build #42 for job SEGA Saturn Hitachi SH-2 [ELF] GCC [Linux|i686]
<SSSDK-Bot> Starting build #49 for job SEGA Saturn Hitachi SH-2 [ELF] GCC [Linux|x86_64]
gcc sh2 6.2 is on the way for saturn ?

Yup. I decided to bump the versions up. Though, the Windows builds aren't playing ball at the moment.

I'm still working on the DC JAM entry, too. My job also has me bound up, especially with the influx of ship dates that have occurred in the last two months. Hopefully, I'll get a bit of time at the end of the year to at least attempt to do some more Saturn-related things =D.

Okay, I have to make an update now that I've made a post elsewhere ;D. The long-and-short of it is that I am incredibly busy at work and don't have much time to dedicate to the SDK. I'm not stopping work on it; things are just getting in the way (by things, I mean life), which means I have less time to dedicate to this. The pace at which I'm working on this and the Dreamcast game, [TERMINAL], is akin to that of molasses in Winter.

Unfortunately, something has gone awry with the VPS that I'm using to host the FTP site and web server for Jenkins (it looks like there's a lot less RAM than before, though another instance hosted there seems fine =/). As I'm terrible at the whole backup thing (I know, I know...) it's taking longer than I would like to get things back on track. Though, this has allowed me to survey the various "cloud"-based VPS providers that have been rising since I decided on Bytemark's BigV. I'm going to be moving things around to the new hosting provider and will have a Jenkins instance dedicated to the various SEGA-related ventures I partake in. I'm hoping to have at least the FTP site up and running by the weekend so that the downloads work correctly, and I need to update the installer to point at the new domain.

I can only offer my sincerest apologies on the neglect that has faced the SSSDK for the past year. I cannot make any promises that there will be an immediate up-tick in development, though I will strive to work in development time for it.

Reactions: vbt
If you wanted you could upload this to the resources section? (Or I could)

We could also just add a link to your site there but have a page for the resources section here as well, it's super flexible like that.
i've uploaded the 3 latest versions.

New update :

GCC 10.3 (lto enabled)
GMP 6.2.1
MPC 1.2.1
MPFR 4.1.0
Binutils 2.36.1
Newlib 4.1.0

get it here : SSDK

New update :

GCC 11.1 (lto enabled)
GMP 6.2.1