VF4-- Evolution

I'm buying it the day it comes out! Afterall, my gaol is to own every VF in existence (I hope to have an arcade room in my house, when I get older, with cabinets of the following games: Virtua Fighter, Virtua Fighter Remix, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Fighter 2.1, Virtua Fighter Kids, Virtua Fighter 3, Virtua Fighter 3tb, Virtua Fighter 4, Virtua Fighter Evolution, Virtua Fighter 5, etc. :D )

I plan on picking up a couple DC games as well (hopefully, depends on how low DC games are).

Time for newcomers Brad and Goh to feel the wrath of Sarah :D :cheers :smokin:

quick question, you said virua fighter 3 , what system was that on, I have all of the ones you mentioned. I have Virtua Fighter 3tb... I was wondering if I am missing one?

VF3 is (I think) only available in arcade. 3tb is the home version (tb stands for Team Battle). Wait... VF3 might've been released in Japan with the DC, then 3tb got released here in the states. Hm... I still think VF3 is arcade only though.

I've had VF4:Evo for weeks now. I've had over 2000 fights now and I'm still not tired of it. The quest mode is excellent.

Is VF4 EVO better than VF4 by a long shot? Or is it just a small step ahead. The single player mode on VF4 was to boring. That other mode (forgot the name) where you earn cloths and stuff was pretty cool. But i just felt that the game needed more for the single child.

I traded VF4 in so i could get tekken 4. Single player wise, it was worth it. But as a fighter with your friends, stick with Tekken 3 or the much funner (IMO) VF4/VF4 EVO.

yes it is unfortunate that its ps2 only, but its a great game none the less. I am gettin mine when it comes out, shitface, you have the japanese copy?

Originally posted by Shitface@Aug 4, 2003 @ 08:02 PM

Is VF4 EVO better than VF4 by a long shot? Or is it just a small step ahead. The single player mode on VF4 was to boring. That other mode (forgot the name) where you earn cloths and stuff was pretty cool. But i just felt that the game needed more for the single child.

It depends on who you ask I loved VF4, I like Evo even more. Quest mode is a big improvement over kumite mode as it keeps your interest up with tournaments to win and tasks to accomplish. The amount of items you can collect has doubled also. Personally the most fun in VF comes from mastering each character as much as I can.

I don't understand how Tekken is better in single player as I never played it after I get all the endings in Tekken 3 apart from a few plays on survival mode. Single player in VF4\Evo can go on forever.

Originally posted by axelblazeadam@Aug 4, 2003 @ 06:01 PM

I don't understand how Tekken is better in single player as I never played it after I get all the endings in Tekken 3 apart from a few plays on survival mode. Single player in VF4\Evo can go on forever.

And stack, jap version of what? All the games i mention are NTSC versions.

The reason i say tekken 4 is better than VF4 was because i never had the quest mod that was on EVO. Kumite mode only lasted so long for me. Cause i had only one friend to play with. So i couldn't use my character on anyone else than the computer. Tekken 4 had that other mode that was like a beat em up, that and unlocking characters and endings was a little more motivation for me to play single player.

And stack.. what do you mean do i have the jap version?

Ever sense playing VF4 a while back (about a week or so after it came out) I have been trying to figure out why so many people like it so much. IMO the VF series pales in comparison with Soul Calibure (and soon-to-be SC2).

Originally posted by Fabrizo@Aug 7, 2003 @ 11:49 PM

IMO the VF series pales in comparison with Soul Calibure (and soon-to-be SC2).

I however have the opposite view. I think SC is overrated as once I got over the flashiness of the graphics and the moves in the game I got bored of it all. There is something about VF that keeps me playing it to master each character as much as I can.

I see it as a battle of SC's style against VF's substance. As a hardcore beat em up fan substance wins every time.

IMO SC is best for a quick game, VF is for life.

while, SC and SC2 are very visually stunning, and play ok, VF requires you to work, (for lack of better terminology) SC you hit two buttons and you have a hue "power move" that knocks off a ton of health, Don't get me wrong I am not bashing SC, I like it too, but I dunno there is something about VF..... its sweet.

:agree

VF is for more of the kind of person who actually sits down and tries to master the game.... SC is more for the average fighter person. Both have their strenghts and weaknesses though

Jeez, I remember being slated for saying VF4 is the best 3d fighter ever made. Thanks for chipping in at the time guys ;)

Originally posted by BJammzz@Aug 8, 2003 @ 04:01 PM

VF is for more of the kind of person who actually sits down and tries to master the game.... SC is more for the average fighter person. Both have their strenghts and weaknesses though

:D

I got mine yesterday, and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaan is it sweet, nice job sega.. the original was nice, and this is even sweeter.... coool

:cheers

Back