Virtual Boy - What are the must-have games?

VertigoXX

Mid Boss
I'm looking to get myself a Virtual Boy system. Out of its *ahem* expansive library of titles *cough*, what are, lets say, the *snort* twelve titles one absolutely must have *choke*?

Oh, there's more than twelve. This is the best list I can find:

Galactic Pinball
Golf
Insmouse No Yakata
Jack Bros.
Mario Clash
Mario's Tennis
Nester's Funky Bowling
Panic Bomber
Red Alarm
SD Gundam Dimension War
Space Invaders Virtual Collection
Space Squash
Teleroboxer
Vertical Force
Virtual Fishing
Virtual Lab
Virtual League Baseball
V-Tetris
Wario Land
Waterworld

A whopping 20 games.

I have 3: Mario Tennis, Teleroboxer, and Wario Land. They're all descent.

(BTW, if you find Insmouse No Yakata for really cheap, i.e. <$100, buy it. It's ungodly rare)

Lol. I remember going to Toys 'r' us after the virtual boy flopping to find the Virtual boy going fo $15.00. Same with the 32x. Boy, if I knew it was a collector's item, i'd get a few of them :0

Oh, if you want to try to get one, there's this game trading comunnity that you can try to get it on www.gametz.com

I got mine at KB toys for 29.99 and I got my games at blockbuster for a kickass price of $0.99 each!! Man, that system fell to crap sega style.

I've tried the VB before at Toys R Us. I was playing this space crap shooting game, didn't pay attention to the name of the game. Like some of you, this thing gave me a big headache as well, not to mention messing with my eyesight. Everything was so green after seeing only neon <span style='color:#FF0000'>red</span> light through the visor.

teleroboxer is fine .. the only thing that i dont like about virtual boy is the red color .. it hurts the eye .. and everyone knows that red light is very bad for eyes ..
I rather paying $50 for a Sega Master System than paying $1 for a virtual boy ..

About the number of titles, this is what http://www.virtual-boy.net has to say.
Let me start by saying that the total of USA games = 14, and the total of JPN games = 19, that makes a grand total of 33 games; Second: if you are looking for individual games, there are 22 in total; Finally: the total of only in the USA released games = 3, and the total of only in JPN released games = 8; I say this because there are so many rumors about games that were released, but in limited quantity’s, so that it’s not clear anymore if they are or aren’t released games. I would almost start talking unreleased games, but this sections goal is to give a good view on the games that were released. PS: there are also 2 existing demos.

I have never had any of the maladies you complain of.

I've tried the VB before at Toys R Us. I was playing this space crap shooting game, didn't pay attention to the name of the game.
I would say you were playing Red Alarm. Red Alarm and the Wario game were practically everywhere on demo. I miss the vertical slide they had the portable attached to in stores.

I got my virtural boy for 3 dreamcast games(nba2k1 sonic adventure and nfl 2k) and i got mario tennis and Teleroboxer everyone said i got ripped but i rember when i frist played one i had to have one and about 7 years later i finally got one

Teleroboxer is great, prolly the best for the system, just cause its from a first person view, and it completely utilizes the strange setup of the controller. Warioland is good too, because it has realy detailed animations, and extensive use of the 3d effect. i got mine for $25 at eb when they were liquidating, not a bad system.

Back