Virtual On Marz

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
What do you think of this game? It's the 4th Virtual On game. According to the promotion video, it will be released on the PlayStation 2 in spring of this year in Japan.

[ source ]

For those of you who wish to download the 320x240 promotional video stream to a 7.96 MB WMV file instead of the 160x120 lower resolution version, use Hi Net Recorder.

I dunno about the game, but thanks for the link to the WMV recorder. I've been waiting for a replacement for the antiquitated (and unreliable) StreamBox VCR and ASFRecorder programs for a while now...
smile.gif

I think Virtual On is probably more suited to the console scene now than it was before, seeing as how the current systems all have 2 analogue sticks so twinsticks aren't such a necessity. Twinsticks are a sore point for me just now, I got sniped on ebay at the last minute on a pair
sad.gif

man, this game looks great. I really don't like the PS2, but I'll probably have to buy one just for this
biggrin.gif
... oh yeah, and for Jak and Daxter and a few other Sega releases like the Genny remakes...

Dammit, why can't this all be on x-bob!?

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Jan. 13 2003, 1:33 am

What do you think of this game? It's the 4th Virtual On game. According to the promotion video, it will be released on the PlayStation 2 in spring of this year in Japan.

Umm...4th game? There were only two unless sega slipped something out after oratorio tangram that I missed.

Originally posted by gameboy900+Jan. 13 2003, 9:10 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ Jan. 13 2003, 9:10 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MasterAkumaMatata@Jan. 13 2003, 1:33 am

Umm...4th game? There were only two unless sega slipped something out after oratorio tangram that I missed.[/b][/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

Was there an arcade-only one?

I, too, would dispute that there were three distinct Virtual On games. However, I vaguely remember something about there being an update/expansion pack(?) to the Dreamcast version of Virtual On Oratorio Tangram where you had additional virtuaroids and/or could give them custom color schemes. This, I believe, is standard in the arcade version which even has VMU slots so Japanese gamers can take their home game stats to the arcade and play them there.

I'm probably getting the details wrong but that's the gist of it. Thus why our dear Mr. Akuma Matata may have spoken of 3 games, not 2.

Originally posted by gameboy900+Jan. 13 2003, 10:10 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ Jan. 13 2003, 10:10 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MasterAkumaMatata@Jan. 13 2003, 1:33 am

Umm...4th game? There were only two unless sega slipped something out after oratorio tangram that I missed.[/b][/quote]

http://www.vo-marz.com/site/history.html

<table><tr><td bgcolor=white>
  1. Virtual On
    his_title01.gif
    (1995)
  2. Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
    his_title02.gif
    (1998)
  3. Virtual On Force
    his_title03.gif
    (2001)
  4. Virtual On: Marz
    his_title04.gif
    (2003)
</td></tr></table>

Did you guys watch the video or view the history page?

Back