What happen....?

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Aug 11, 2003 @ 02:30 PM

Hopefully the next PSO will be a full-fledged sequel, possibly massively multiplayer (ie many people playing in the same game at once. Not like diablo, not like PSO).

No.

Every MMO in existance sucks thus far. :\

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Jul 2, 2003 @ 05:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Jul 2, 2003 @ 05:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-SegaSaturnDDR@Jul 1, 2003 @ 06:50 AM

what are you talking about, jsword was unsealed way before AR was out, you just need to kill like 3000 enimies in one sitting to do that. or so i hear. but i know it has long been unsealed

There's a 30 or so page thread at pso-world.com discussing possible ways to unseal it.

If it was that simple, you'd think someone would've SAID it there by now. [/b][/quote]

That's up to 65 pages now! :blink:

Heh, olga flow from a delbiter. That's the funniest thing I have heard in ages :lol:

The tj sword has been unsealed by a few hardworking people, who in turn get so annoyed that apparently "they want other people to work just as much for it".

Olga flow dna has only been found by a oran japanese player in ultamite, meaning its the only CONFIRMED finding. Its not saying not other ids cant find it, but so far only ORAN has been confirmed.

btw Tagrineth you think MMOs are not fun? goddamn, there is a lot of MMORPGs out there that are very fun. apparently you are another one of those biased fools that claims he played every game of the genre and then says that the genre sucks. Thats bullshit.

And you morons that think that episode three sucks, then dont play it or buy it, you dont need to shout it out to the world because no one cares. I played the trial version myself and it is just as addicting as PSO ep.1 and 2.

Stop being biased you freaks.

Originally posted by Howard@Sep 22, 2003 @ 01:29 AM

And you morons that think that episode three sucks, then dont play it or buy it, you dont need to shout it out to the world because no one cares. I played the trial version myself and it is just as addicting as PSO ep.1 and 2.

Ah, the irony. :lol:

Originally posted by mal+Sep 21, 2003 @ 10:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Sep 21, 2003 @ 10:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Howard@Sep 22, 2003 @ 01:29 AM

Ah, the irony. :lol: [/b][/quote]

Ill rephrase my sentence. Dont say that a game sucks just cause its a card game. If you think card games suck, you have never played magic the gathering :sigh how sad, you all think card games suck. You are gonna miss out on a great game.

btw, anyone here gonna buy episodes 1 and 2 plus?

No Howard, I think you will find that people have played magic and still don't like it :eek:mg:

You can't say that people should like it because you do, but I do agree that they shouldn't judge a game before playing it.

I will buy Episode 3 probably, just so I get another use of my hunter's license and to alieviate the bordem that ensues when playing E1&2 too much.

I won't be buying plus as the additions will be available online for free.

Originally posted by Omar+Sep 22, 2003 @ 02:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omar @ Sep 22, 2003 @ 02:54 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> I won't be buying plus as the additions will be available online for free. [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Howard
@Sep 23, 2003 @ 06:02 AM

From what i hear, episode 2 challenge comes out in november for online players, so thats kinda pointless lol [/quote]

:damn:

The tj sword has been unsealed by a few hardworking people, who in turn get so annoyed that apparently "they want other people to work just as much for it".

*AHEM*. Anyone can say that. I could say I'm a member of Sonic Team, and I'm sure a few people would believe me too =)

Olga flow dna has only been found by a oran japanese player in ultamite, meaning its the only CONFIRMED finding. Its not saying not other ids cant find it, but so far only ORAN has been confirmed.

Re-read my posts on the subject. I hammered home the 'confirmed' part myself. In fact I never said only Oran could find it, just that Delbiters don't drop it.

btw Tagrineth you think MMOs are not fun? goddamn, there is a lot of MMORPGs out there that are very fun. apparently you are another one of those biased fools that claims he played every game of the genre and then says that the genre sucks. Thats bullshit.

I never claimed to play every game of the genre.

I have, however, seen enough EverQuest-hate from THE TOP PLAYERS OF THE GAME... and have personally seen it played... that I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in playing it myself.

I've played Ultima Online. It's OK but still pretty un-fun.

I've played RuneScape. I wish I hadn't.

I've played Ragnarok Online. It's in a similar state as Ultima - OK but boring.

Now... my mate has convinced me to give Horizons a try when it comes out. I'll be getting three paid months. We'll see if it's any better than any of the other ones.

But don't make moronic 'blanket assumptions'. I say MMO sucks because pretty much THE FOUR MOST POPULAR ONES ARE CRAP.

What trial version?

:banana

What trial version?

OMG!!! Thats all i gotta say.

but anyway, dont you think pso is boring either? Its the same levels, same enemies, AND you gotta pay $10 a month for it. Lol, dont give the reason "it is boring" because you didnt say why.

Originally posted by Howard@Sep 25, 2003 @ 07:56 PM

but anyway, dont you think pso is boring either? Its the same levels, same enemies, AND you gotta pay $10 a month for it. Lol, dont give the reason "it is boring" because you didnt say why.

By that logic, Tetris must be the most boring game ever made. :) I mean, how many different blocks are there? 7? 8? And it's all the same ones all the time! And the goal is always the same!

...speaking of goals, MMO's don't exactly have any. They're basically instant messager/chat services with graphics.

PSO has interesting area design, something all the MMO's I've seen lack.

PSO has SOME KIND OF GOAL even if it's kinda pointless (beat Dark Falz / Olga Flow).

The only "goal" in an MMO is to get real strong... but there's little motivation to do so. What do you get for fighting and beating the strongest monster in the game (by setting up your character and then walking away, coming back 6 hours later to find the fight still raging) in EverQuest? You get a few XP and a rare item or three for your party to fight over.

Also PSO's artwork and combat are much more interesting than any MMO I've seen.

Addendum: But yes, PSO does get boring after a while, but then again, WHAT GAME DOESN'T?

Back