Akuma (11:06 PM) :

hey, you did that, didn't you? LOL

IceMan2k (11:06 PM) :

maybe i did and maybe i didnt

IceMan2k (11:09 PM) :

yea i did

Akuma (11:10 PM) :

LOL

had to bring me into this huh, always skank's fault!

I'm a full time playah, part time lovah, just ask Cynni
tongue.gif

I longer work, but last monday i used to be employed for TMobile, ie Voicestream. Ran credit for dealers. Never again! Now I go to school! YAY!

Originally posted by gameboy900@Jan. 14 2003, 1:18 am

You mean you actually let slave zero out on dc with that horrid control system?

Shame on you.

The most frustrating part of testing was pointing out that an aspect of a game (or indeed the entire product) was flawed, only to be ignored because someone in a nice suit in a big office who's never played a game in their life sets the deadlines. Ridiculously short development cycles and tight deadlines mean that so much content gets cut before the game is released.

What really made me angry was when some clueless reviewer picks up a crappy game and goes on to slag off testers at great length - "Why didn't they find this, why didn't they find that?". In many cases it isn't the test depts fault, it is due to corporate greed - shipping an unfinished/rushed product to get the money rolling in regardless of the state of the product.

Rant over lol

Hey, SSDDR?

What is Digipen like? I wanted to go there at one time; this was when I just moved to Colorado and was thinking about going to school in Washington state anyway. I always wanted to go into game development and major in computer science. Just wondering what the curriculum is like.

Originally posted by segasonic+Jan. 14 2003, 7:16 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(segasonic @ Jan. 14 2003, 7:16 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-gameboy900@Jan. 14 2003, 1:18 am

You mean you actually let slave zero out on dc with that horrid control system?

Shame on you.

The most frustrating part of testing was pointing out that an aspect of a game (or indeed the entire product) was flawed, only to be ignored because someone in a nice suit in a big office who's never played a game in their life sets the deadlines. Ridiculously short development cycles and tight deadlines mean that so much content gets cut before the game is released.

What really made me angry was when some clueless reviewer picks up a crappy game and goes on to slag off testers at great length - "Why didn't they find this, why didn't they find that?". In many cases it isn't the test depts fault, it is due to corporate greed - shipping an unfinished/rushed product to get the money rolling in regardless of the state of the product.

Rant over lol[/b][/quote]

Yeah I'm glad Sega (w/ PDO) and Nintendo (w/ "Celda") actually take time to perfect their games even though it might mean a delay. I don't know why so many people complain about delays in games. I'd rather wait to have a quality game that will be quite playable for years to come instead of getting it a few months earlier and have to live with grappy gameplay.

Currently looking for work. Graduated with a BS in Information Systems in May '02, guess my timing wasn't too good to be entering the job market. Right now I'm thinking about getting a cert from Cisco. Btw Racketboy, you aren't the only young guy that knows COBOL, my school also is one of the few that still teaches COBOL as a part of my degree. That language should've died out a long time ago.

Originally posted by doctorBone@Jan. 14 2003, 3:10 pm

Currently looking for work. Graduated with a BS in Information Systems in May '02, guess my timing wasn't too good to be entering the job market. Right now I'm thinking about getting a cert from Cisco. Btw Racketboy, you aren't the only young guy that knows COBOL, my school also is one of the few that still teaches COBOL as a part of my degree. That language should've died out a long time ago.

Yeah there's a couple schools.

But those who do learn it don't usually like it
smile.gif

Actually COBOL is a great language other than the fact that it doesn't have much on a GUI end. But for back-end processing and report generating (which is what I do) you can't get any better of a language.

Yeah I'm kinda lucky. I was supposed to graduate in May of '02. I cut school early got a job in CA (I lived in MI) and got married. If I would have finished my degree, who knows what I'd be doing.

honours english at university of waterloo and a minor in religious studies. although i must say i feel like the odd guy out here. not being in sciences or something...

i don't feel too bad though. i mean, i love tearing things apart and putting them back together, i never really took it seriously...

Originally posted by alpharogue@Jan. 13 2003, 12:10 pm

Hey, SSDDR?

What is Digipen like? I wanted to go there at one time; this was when I just moved to Colorado and was thinking about going to school in Washington state anyway. I always wanted to go into game development and major in computer science. Just wondering what the curriculum is like.

)Yes i was wondering this myself...

Is the work load really about 12-15 hours a day or is that BS just to advert the less serious away from applying, I've read that they recieve something around the thousands for applications to join and only accept 250 people a year. (If so you are a rare one indeed
biggrin.gif
) how do you like it there?

12-15 hours a day is not far from the truth, between classes and studying and programming, its a bitch, i stayed up studing all night at least once every week for the !*^@#!@ art class

Man, talk about an endless and painful mission, SSDR. I am lucky that I don't have to devote that much time to school; I would go nuts! The real kicker here is the core classes along with the shitty math and science requirements, but at least I can take them at my own pace. I can only absorb so much at once and my skills in math are no more the exception.

I remember applying to digipen about 1 and a half years ago and I promptly got called the next day. I was planning on getting financial aid and using my GI Bill to get me started, but then I had to deal with family issues and sticking with a secure job. Probably the best road for now since I am horrible on concentration when it comes to being at school for 10-15 hours a day!

Back