whats the best genesis rpg?

the best rpg i have played has to be rings of power but i dont hear much people talking about it anymore and it was a long time ago i played it, maybe its crap now lol, could someone recommend me a good rpg for the genesis too.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

I'm gonna have to reccomend Shining Force 2. More strat RPG then pure bred traditional RPG but still great nonetheless. All phantasy stars were great, not just 2. Oh and for action/rpg i'm gonna have to reccomend Crusader of Centy. It was a pretty cool zelda clone for it's time.

HOLY ****ING ****, i just bought Shining Force, complete with instructions and box in good condition and the battery still saves for 5 american dollars,
tongue.gif

I'm not going to claim that it's the best Genesis RPG, but Shadowrun definitely deserves bonus points for its uniqueness IMO...

Landstalker gets my vote, it's such a fantastic game, followed by Soleil/Crusader of Centy (PAL/USA versions of the same game - I think it's called Ragnacenty in Japan)
biggrin.gif

Any of the shinning or phantasy star series are all excellent. I would start off with SITD then play SF1, SF2, SF3. That will keep u busy for awhile. And if u liked Rings of Power then you are one dumbass kid. That has to be one of the worst games ever made. If none of u have played it go download it and play it on GENS. It sux ass. It has a nude code though, that's prob why this kid here liked it sooooooo much. Laterz all.

kid
devil.gif
i was playing the mega drive when you were in dyppers
biggrin.gif
well i think rings of power was well animated and very detailed much better dialouge than the shining force games, shining force has dialouge that a baby could understand.
biggrin.gif
also rings of power is the longest rpg to date, very few have completed it.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sizone@June 22 2002,10:20

phantasy star 2, which is pretty much the best game ever

I second that, Phantasy Star 2 is so bad. I'm saying that in the good sense, like it used to be back in the day.

besides that, i'd say Shining Force 1, although i hate that you start with no experience after gaining a level, because the the extra exp doesnt carry over, although if you haven't played the sequels, you don't really notice it, and it's really not a problem. At least it wasn't for me the night i got it so long ago. Sigh...

Originally posted by Nadius+June 25 2002,01:55--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nadius @ June 25 2002,01:55)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sizone@June 22 2002,10:20

phantasy star 2, which is pretty much the best game ever

I second that, Phantasy Star 2 is so bad. I'm saying that in the good sense, like it used to be back in the day.

besides that, i'd say Shining Force 1, although i hate that you start with no experience after gaining a level, because the the extra exp doesnt carry over, although if you haven't played the sequels, you don't really notice it, and it's really not a problem. At least it wasn't for me the night i got it so long ago. Sigh...[/b][/quote]

hell yeah,man!!!Shining Force 1 was the game that got me into rpgs in the first place...ahh sweet nostalgia
biggrin.gif

Hello!

My favorite rpgs:

Super Hydlide (this is the first I played in Genesis and the graphics are awful but It is a fucking big world and good stuff)

Soleil (fucking fantastic in every aspect, the only bad thing:too similar to Zelda)

Phantasy Star 4: Oh shit.COOL

Light Crusader: Good maces

Shining Force: I bought it the last week for 4 $ (Lineal but very good sensations playing it)

Back