whats the best genesis rpg?

whitesnake, first off how old are u? and second, the only reason ppl never beat it cus it sucked so bad, not that it was the largest ever. How many hrs was this rpg?

well first of i am 18, and second i lost my notepad which i recorded the exact time it lasted on.
biggrin.gif
, it just says on the official site its the longest. and what about the story of thor has anyone played that?

Story of Thor/Beyond Oasis, is awesome. Think of it as Golden Axe meets Zelda... or something.

Oh and though I won't recommend it to anyone (because no one likes it), I really enjoyed Sword of Vermillion.

Oh, cool topic, RPGs are the reason I play videogames at all.
smile.gif

My favorite on the Mega Drive is Shining Force 2: simple and efficient strategy, excellent character artwork, etc. Runners up are Shining Force and Phantasy Star The End of The Millenium.

As for Phantasy Star 2, that was mentioned above, I think its labyrinths are too boring for me. zzz

Cheers,

their not boring they're challenging. the incredibly confusing, map needing layout is osmehting i consider to be a hallmark or video game rpg design and i continue to this day to be disapointed when all the dungeons in a game can be completed with out even so much as making a scribble in a notepad

Originally posted by sizone@July 03 2002,13:50

their not boring they're challenging. the incredibly confusing, map needing layout is osmehting i consider to be a hallmark or video game rpg design and i continue to this day to be disapointed when all the dungeons in a game can be completed with out even so much as making a scribble in a notepad

Oh I see your point, but I still think: they are challenging and boring. Characters walk too slowly for my tastes and there is no auto map being drawed for you... and I have no fun if I need a notebook to avoid getting lost.
tongue.gif

Well, there are games with complex dungeons, but at least you got an auto map to help, like Shining the Holy Ark in the Sega Saturn.

Anyway it's just me. I show respect for those who are brave - and patient - enough to play PS2.
smile.gif

How dare you call the devious labyrinths of PS II boring!

They weren't that quite hard either, you just had to show patience, when after two steps of fighting a battle, you step right into another.... but really, i could do it forever as long as they gave me decent exp.

As for comlpex and slow, the one that took the cake for me, was the dungeon in Shining in the Darkness. I got pretty far, and durring that time i played it, i had pretty much the whole map in my head, then i stopped and picked it up a month later, and forgot where i had to go and stuff.

*shakes head*

So ..... i put in Beyond Oasis.

i liked shinning force, shinning force 2 seemed a little more easier then the first. the phantasy stars i played all of them on the genesis only beat 2 and 3. 3 i beat every possible way. 4 i think my sister bought she beat it i never really played it that much. Shadowrun was really fun no idea if i ever beat it every possible way but i don't really know if it has mulitiple endings. I also liked this D&D(dungeons and dragon) game i forget it's name you got to pick from a few classes it was good my sister has it somewhere i should track it down since i can never think of the name and since i can't think of the name i can't download the rom to play. so i'll just have to track it down when i talk to my sister next.

You want to do some serious mapping then go grab Might & Magic: Gates to Another World for the Genesis.

the d&d game was "warriors of the eternal sun"

it's alright i think what i liked about it was that it brought back realmz flashbacks from my mid90's mac performa 550 days

I've gotta say Shining Force.

Shining in the Darkness got me into RPGs, but after a while, the walls all start to look the same.

Shining Force 2 was great as well, but there's just something about the original...

I'm with Excyber. Shadowrun is just an awesome game. And luckily the guitarist in my band had the rom, so I can play it again! YAY!!!!

good on ya nadius i was wondering when someone was gonna mention beyond oasis.

i really enjoyed it much more than any other rpg on the geny.

phantasy star 2 was ok and landstalker was quite good.

personally i own Landstalker, Warriors Of The Eternal Sun & Shining In The Darkness.

Shining In The Darkness was very interesting at one stage i got to about 6 pages of maps then i gave it up for Baldur's Gate or something lol

Originally posted by whitesnake@June 24 2002, 4:48 am

does no one like rings of power ??? sniff

rings of power was an awsome rpg.quite hard too.most people hated it becouse it lacked the graphics of other rpg games.but i loved it.and before that guy calls me a dumb kid for liking it,im 26.

sword of vermillion was a cool rpg.ive played that many games over the years ive forgot half of the ones ive played.if any more come to mind ill let you know.ive never played this shadowrun though,any good?

Back