Whats your day job?

A topic sparked from myself often getting suggested 'Don't give up your day job'... whats yours?

Not specifics, just general, round abouts sorta stuff...

me starting:

work in a Call centre doing tech support for one of australias biggest ISPs...

hence i spend all my time @ work posting ;)

nb. for Fabrizo and Death, posting on SX doesnt cound as a REAL job... lol

Hehe, :)

Anyways though, I do secretarial work for a home and relestate development firm here in florida. I am also a senior year student in high school, and do night school as well. I used to do home callings for computer repair, but the pay was lousy, not like I get paid for school stuff, but I do for my secretary work. Also, if your wondering how I post so much if I have school, night school, and regular work, you might notice that I only post around 2:45pm, then later from 7:00pm to some times 3:00am. And no, I don't sleep :p

Just another highschool junior, I'm afraid.

It's cool though, I'm in front of a computer from 8-10 AM and 1:45-2:40PM every weekday.

(Edited by FLEABttn at 9:02 am on Oct. 16, 2001)

I'm a college student, and I also work for my school. I work the help desk in the public computer labs. I don't even see it as work, helping people out with computers, and talking with friends (coworkers) behind the desk. I love it :)

I'm a lighting technician for a university theatre.

I used to work freelance as a lighting tech, and at one stage worked for about three months on the installations at Sega World (RIP) in Sydney.

I even designed the lighting for the Ghost Hunters ride.

Sadly it's gone now :(

Welll I do several things (because my company is small)

I am in the board of directors, I am the V.P of R&D, also I am a system developer and analyst and finally network admin/linux sysop of our server... and tech support when needed =P

It is a small company (though we are in NY and Mexico City)

edit: What did you study/ar studying?

Me, I did Computer Science

(Edited by Artemio Urbina at 10:51 am on Oct. 16, 2001)

Quote: from FLEABttn on 3:05 am on Oct. 16, 2001

Just another highschool junior, I'm afraid.

It's cool though, I'm in front of a computer from 8-10 AM and 1:45-2:40PM every weekday.

(Edited by FLEABttn at 9:02 am on Oct. 16, 2001)

^^^^ see above. ;)

Run a small 1 man computer business from my bedroom. I go out to other peoples houses or small businesses and fix thier computers or networks. I also sell video games on the side.

i dont think i should tell you guys what my job is for fear of being banned from all the boards cuz i would expect extreme backlash of flames if you all found out what my job is ;)

the hint is its similar to telemarketing (dont flame me yet) BUT the main difference is we DONT sell anything, yet the people (especially americans) have an incredible ability to not believe that

which makes my job all the more difficult :(

Back