What's your favorite game?

Old Shinobi for the system 16 Arcade board I believe. Game was a bitch because it was so hard.

Also the old arcade version or R-type.

i dunno i must be odd but i really liked ff8 it was fun and i still play it when i am over at my friends house. nothing like killing 20 t-rextaurs then heading out to do some real ass kicking. anyway old game i like vector man that game was so much fun back in the day. right now my fav is neverwinter nights.

Yeah man. You're not alone. FF8 was tizzhizzzyight!

too many choices...

if I had to pick one -- Capcom vs. SNK - DC

runners up:

Jet Grind Radio -- DC

Sonic 2 - Genesis

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Saturn

Bust-A-Move - Saturn or DC

unreal Tournement - DC

Shenmue - DC

mmmm -- gaming goodness!

System by system...

NES - Crystalis (The ONLY SNK US RPG...
sad.gif
), Final Fantasy, Contra, Legend of Zelda

SNES - FF2/FF3, F-Zero, Chrono Trigger

Genesis - Shining Force (1/2), all sonic games, Road Rash II

SegaCD - Shining Force CD, Lunar, Lunar Eternal Blue, Goldenaxe

Sega Saturn - XMen vs Street Fighter ( I think was the title, my roommate had it), and that shooter game where you ride a dragon and have the crosshairs, 3D game...

N64 - Goldeneye, Conkers Bad Fur Day

Playstation - Spyro the Dragon, Megaman X6, FF7, FF9

Dreamcast - Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Sonic Adventure 2

All time favorite game: Probably Crystalis for NES, though that's a hard choice.

i remember chrysalis for nes. that game was the shittiest piece of shit i ever played. can't believe that actualy got released. well long story short anyone that thinks snk should have made rpg's for aes system should play that game an find out the cold hard facts

Originally posted by sat985@July 26 2002, 5:39 pm

i remember chrysalis for nes. that game was the shittiest piece of shit i ever played. can't believe that actualy got released. well long story short anyone that thinks snk should have made rpg's for aes system should play that game an find out the cold hard facts

well then....
sarcasm.gif

If they guy likes it, the guy like it

cool off

Uh... Crystalis wans'nt shitty in my opinion. As, it was different than any other RPG I've ever played. It was more action based. The storyline wasn't bad, the graphics, for NES, were both smooth and fast. The battle system, and the fact that there WASN'T one (as in, no "fadeout" or going to a new screen to fight), to me was a good change of pace. It was nice to know how far you had to walk to get to the next town, or any town, not like in FF where you have an overhead map. I thought that was pretty cool.

Also, I actually think that I liked Chrono Trigger at first because I saw it had a battle system like, but obviously not exactly like, Crystalis's, where it was on the normal map and not fading out to another screen.

Yeah, there were some lame things, like having to ride a dolphin to cross the "oceans", the powerups for the swords, but again, I think it was a nice, DIFFERENT, RPG that you could just play as a hack and slash game if you really wanted to.

But if you don't like it that's fine too, just letting you know my POV.

ahhh

what about the amiga or atari st they had some great games on them also c64 spectrum amstrad

amiga =rick dangerous 1&2, speedball2,beast,raindow islands

atari st =super sprint ,goldrunner ,mouse trap,sidewinder

spectrum = head over heals,sweevos world,trashman,manic miner,jetset willy

c64 =cjs elephant antics,last ninja series,any dizzy game

amstard =same as spectrum

snes = ff3(the best nothing will touch this game ever),super mario world,super mario kart,terranigma(awesome game)chrono trigger (super awesome game)secret of evermore(love this game)secret of mana 1&2(u peps should go play these games)

genesis/megadrive = sonics,phantasy stars series

pc engine = rtype 1&2,motoroder 1&2,outrun

saturn = any shootemup,sonic jam,sega ages packs

psx =no mistake on this machine ff7.ff tactics,front mission 3,alundra 1&2,breath of fire 3&4

fm towns =truxton 2

neo geo =ghost pilots, sonic wings series,andro dunos,metal slug series,shock troopers,last resort

gamboy =gradius delux r-type delux super mario delux

jaguar =aliens vs predator,raiden

amiga cd32=the big six dizzy collection

atari 2600 = pheonix,river raid

xbox =halo,project gotham racing

gamecube =star wars ,luigis mansion

ps2 =gta3,gtourismo 3,tony hawks 3,ffx,meagdrive emulator&snes emulator

these i would put as my fav games on these systems any time i put them on in go these games.

i love games dont know what i would do with out them!!!

my favorite game is Phantasystar4 for the genesis. when i first bought it i and play it i said this game was way better than the phantasy star game before this one. and i beat it to.

hasn't anyone played the bouncer for ps2 very good game i like its faced pacedness and the fact it has replay value lots of it.

Easily Xenogears. That game - well, 'interactive movie' - had the greatest story and characters. The gameplay, i admit, wasn't anything to write home about, a few of the dungeons were absolute cockwhores, and Disc 2 was practially all story. But given that, the game is all about story, and story it delivers, dealing with issues of schizophrenia, child abuse, and of course, everyones favourite, 'who am i?' Nuthin' beats it.

Not to be a bitter old man (biiter old man i am), but most games nowadays are (IMO)...how to say? Trite? Boring? Brought out by marketers who don't know dick about the consumer? (hmmm...two cock references, go easy...) All i'm seeing now are sequels (mass generalisation, i know, but im pissed at seeing 4-5 tomb raiders on one system, 3-4 twisted metals, 3-4 resident evils, etc. when each sequel barely improves over its predecessor) though sega is the exception to this. We need more INNOVATION! Even Mario Sunshine looks like a reworking offa Mario 64, which, IMO, was brilliant and more importantly, innovative.

NEway, other favourite include: Secret of Mana, Suikoden, Dragon Force, Nights, Super Mario Kart, Pilotwings 64, Tactics Ogre, and FF6.

Well that's it from me. And that's it from him. Wait a minute, im just one people.
smile.gif

Ooh, this is a tough one. But if I had to choose, and looking at my collection as an indicator, I would be forced to choose the Metal Slug series. I have every incarnation of the game except for the first playstation version ( Metal Slug X was the second to make it to playstation). I have all the other releases for all other consoles and arcade. Damn fun game.

Correct me if i'm wrong Silender, but Panzer Dragoon Orta hasn't been released yet. How is it your favourite X-box game?

i agree with you Rorscach, nothing realy impresses me today but i think im about to be impressed- with robotech panzer dragon and a few others

there are many games too many to list but ill list a few

most are not on console

vanguard - atari

castle wolfenstien c64

summer games c64

ace - c64

star wars - arcade

cobra command - arcade (laser disk one)

commando - arcade

disks of tron - all time favorite arcade

wingcomander series - pc

command and conquer - pc

betrayal at krondor - pc

zillion - sms

miricle warriors - sms

teddy boy - sms

sonic- genesis

phantasy star 2 - genesis

lunar - sega cd

to name some right now i cant think of them all but i gues for all time favorites as of right now id have to say the wingcommander series , zillion, disks of tron, command and conquer, mirical warriors - ahhh its hard to single games out

list get long people always will add favorite games to thier lists as time went and goes on -- for example my self, i have to always keep technology in mind and weigh that heavily

Old : Outrun on arcade hardware

New : Outrun on the Saturn
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mal@Aug. 09 2002, 5:02 am

Old : Outrun on arcade hardware

New : Outrun on the Saturn
biggrin.gif

Old: Street Fighter Alpha 2 at the arcade

New: Street Fighter Alpha 2 on the Saturn or my computer (emulated, of course :
wink.gif