What's your username mean?

racketboy

Established Member

I was just thinking.... there are a lot of people on here with interesting nicks on here and I'm sure many of them have a unique story behind them. So, I was hoping we could all share how we came up with our names.

I'll start....

Mine started my freshman year in college. My roommates (all four of us were freshman -- can you imagine
smile.gif
), always had a hard time pronouncing my last name (Reichert) correctly. So instead of trying they just called me Racket.

Whenever they introduced me to somebody, they intoduced me as Racket (my roommates were a little "different"). I always got funny looks from people when this happened. Sometimes I just said, "Hi, my name's is actually..." After 3 years (I stopped school after that) it kinda spread and stuck with me.

So anyway, I just took "racket" and threw a "boy" on the end of it and got "racketboy". Simple enough, huh?

I got mine from a can of pop. It was a Sega-endorsed energy drink, sadly only available in Japan.

Falstaff is a re-occurring character in three Shakespear plays. He was generally described as a jolly fellow with a dark side he rarely showed. My friends say it fits me.

By the way, the 'Sir Gwyn' thing that some have wondered about, was done by Mysticals. I guess she had her reasons and I'm not sure what it means. I'm still hoping for to get it changed to 'stinking old fart' someday.
biggrin.gif

Around, around the sun we go,

The moon goes 'round the earth.

We do not die of Death,

We die of Vertigo!

Mother Goose's Gander by Sir Archibald MacLeish

Let's see... Back in like, 1995 or so, I was proficient in the art of Qbasic coding. I made a bunch of odds and ends, including a frontend for VGB-DOS, a stupidass unfinished shooter called Gradeon, an unfinished RPG, and some other trippy shit. I decided to lump all of my progs under a collective copyright banner called Raijin. Raijin is the Japanese god of thunder. He carries a staff and a drum, and is a general pain in the ass.

During that time, I was also teaching myself how to draw and CG. CGing was hell. Paintshop Pro 3, evaluation version, for Windows 3. I had an 11 inch monitor and 16 color display. You can see the hell on the horizon. Anyway, I also started getting online, and needed a nickname so I wouldn't look like your average AOL idiot. I chose Raijin, because I was already using it for copyright crap.

Flash forward to about 1997. I was re-teaching myself how to draw, and decided I wasn't my old self anymore for a variety of reasons. I added the Z. Sparing you the long explanation, it basically means Zero, or a restarting or retelling of something. Now you know the rest of the story.

Originally posted by Raijin Z@Aug. 08 2002, 12:39 pm

During that time, I was also teaching myself how to draw and CG. CGing was hell. Paintshop Pro 3, evaluation version, for Windows 3. I had an 11 inch monitor and 16 color display. You can see the hell on the horizon.

Whoa -- 11 inch monitor -- haha
smile.gif

I got started on PSP in Win 3.1 too -- cool!

Originally posted by falstaff@Aug. 07 2002, 2:16 pm

Falstaff is a re-occurring character in three Shakespear plays. He was generally described as a jolly fellow with a dark side he rarely showed. My friends say it fits me.

He's nearly as delicious as Flagg from Stephen King's books.

As to Sir Gwyn, all I can say is that it's another one of those things that only she could understand and dreamt up in her fantasy world that she still lives in.

*hump* i wubbles me Falstaff! I think you're still one of the few people on this board worth communicating with
wink.gif

you can say my name is another word for bachlor party or a bunch of guys at a strip joint - but its not

actualy i wish i could change it

when i found this site i didn't have much faith that i would find any help

so to test it out i made somethting up in a hurry

there was the google web page in another window on my PC so i took that and added party to it and thats were googlefest came from.

the number 1 is there just because i forgot to add the numbers in my email address so i had to register again

so i made a bunch of posts - which were answered and i posted some more and got off fresh meat status - i just decided to keep it instead of registering a new one

Originally posted by Cynnamin+Aug. 08 2002, 2:14 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cynnamin @ Aug. 08 2002, 2:14 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-falstaff@Aug. 07 2002, 2:16 pm

He's nearly as delicious as Flagg from Stephen King's books.

As to Sir Gwyn, all I can say is that it's another one of those things that only she could understand and dreamt up in her fantasy world that she still lives in.

*hump* i wubbles me Falstaff! I think you're still one of the few people on this board worth communicating with
wink.gif
[/b][/quote]

blush.gif

wub.gif

wink.gif

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Aug. 08 2002, 4:37 pm

Remember the movie top gun?

hehe -- "I feel the need.... the need for speed!"

ok -- I know it wasn't Iceman who said it, but I still love that line
smile.gif

My initials & the year i was born
biggrin.gif

c Chris

w *******

w ******

80 1980

Id put the rest, but my full name...is terrible
pukey.gif

I was reading shogun at my joining time to this site, so i just messed up Toronga's heir's name. ITs exciting in my mind!

Back