Which do you prefer? Family Guy vs. The Simpsons

Fox will never cancel The Simpsons. To this day, it is one of their highest rated shows. Not saying that means its great; but too many people watch it.

New episodes of The Family Guy start this week on Fox.

Originally posted by schi0249@Aug 18, 2004 @ 02:13 PM

I'm looking forward to the new episodes. It irritates me that a lot of people only really discovered the show after it was canceled... its a miracle its coming back though.

Why the hell are they putting Family Guy on Fridays? That's the worst time-slot in the world.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Aug 18, 2004 @ 09:10 PM

Why the hell are they putting Family Guy on Fridays? That's the worst time-slot in the world.

Set up a DVR/DVD recorder/halfway modern VCR/PC w/tuner to record it for you. Praise them for making more episodes at all.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Aug 19, 2004 @ 12:56 AM

Set up a DVR/DVD recorder/halfway modern VCR/PC w/tuner to record it for you. Praise them for making more episodes at all.

I'll watch it somehow. My point was that there is no point in bringing back a good show, but putting it on at a bad time. If everyone tapes it, it's going to get run into the ground again.

Sudays are terrible for TV as well. Friday through Sunday spell death for new/moved shows. I think they showed air it on Tuesday's. That is a weaker day.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Aug 19, 2004 @ 06:24 AM

I'll watch it somehow. My point was that there is no point in bringing back a good show, but putting it on at a bad time. If everyone tapes it, it's going to get run into the ground again.

If it gets cancelled again, ever, I'm blaming Mountaindud.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Aug 18, 2004 @ 02:49 AM

Uh... sure... kind of like "learning about Japan" by watching Ranma or something...

not quite the same, japanese tend to "americanize" their cartoons just to get to a bigger market. (please note the characters huge plate like eyes) the simpsons and saturday night live reflect the exact way some situations get in the so called "land of the free", as surrealistic as that can be.

gross! :devil

Originally posted by schi0249@Aug 18, 2004 @ 09:13 AM

New episodes of FG won't air until 2005. They are running mini marathons of the old ones. The FOX website has more info.

Originally posted by siamese@Aug 23, 2004 @ 07:57 PM

not quite the same, japanese tend to "americanize" their cartoons just to get to a bigger market. (please note the characters huge plate like eyes) the simpsons and saturday night live reflect the exact way some situations get in the so called "land of the free", as surrealistic as that can be.

I think you entirely missed the part where I find it laughable that you are learning about the USA via the Simpsons. Yes, you can get a lot from it, but you've got to understand that it is a comedy. Do you learn about the UK by watching Monty Python, too?

A better analagy I think would be if what you know about Japan is what they showed on the Simpson episodes that dealt with it. :ph34r:

Originally posted by E Nice@Aug 25, 2004 @ 04:14 AM

A better analagy I think would be if what you know about Japan is what they showed on the Simpson episodes that dealt with it. :ph34r:

Hmm... maybe.

Ahaha! Mista Sparkle!

You mean neither the US nor Japan are really like that?

No it can't be true. The television never lies.

I don't like Family Guy ... so it's The Simpsons for me :) (where's South Park by the way ?)

Yeah I found that out the hard way. A friend saw 2 ads on Fox. 1 was for The 70's show saying new episodes soon, and 1 for the Family guy marathon. And some how came up with new episodes soon. Man, I have to wait til 2005. Thats way to long.

I voted Family Guy, but I also wanted to vote Simpsons.

Family Guy pushes the limits, which I enjoy and Stewie is badass.

Simpsons is still running and still coming up with new stuff.

when Family Guy starts their new season next year (2005) hopefully it will stay on air with new episodes.

Family Guy has a nice run ahead, but lets face it, Simpsons wont be on forever, stories will run out, and one of the voice overs will die eventually, and we all know replacing a characters voice (being good or not) will be noticable and not the same, then the viewers will drop.

damn, I just rambled on.

Originally posted by Posthvman@Aug 27, 2004 @ 02:27 PM

and one of the voice overs will die eventually, and we all know replacing a characters voice (being good or not) will be noticable and not the same, then the viewers will drop.

They've already lost at least two - Doris Grau and Phil Hartman.

Back