Which do you prefer? Family Guy vs. The Simpsons

Originally posted by mal@Aug 25, 2004 @ 06:02 AM

You mean neither the US nor Japan are really like that?

No it can't be true. The television never lies.

I'm sorry. As Homer said, TV is always right. Of course he also says "mmm... mayonaise..."

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Aug 24, 2004 @ 07:13 PM

I think you entirely missed the part where I find it laughable that you are learning about the USA via the Simpsons. Yes, you can get a lot from it, but you've got to understand that it is a comedy. Do you learn about the UK by watching Monty Python, too?

miss what? :blink:

1. Comedy? perhaps comedy of the absurd.

2. the simpsons and snl portrait situations, ridiculized i accept

of how the society reacts to every day events.

3. want to learn about double morale, heart bleeding stories?

watch 60 minutes and 20/20

4. want to see real comedy? watch news broadcasts

5. foul language and profanity? south park rules!

6. Monty Phyton? thick as a brick good ol' comedy, a taste

of guinness draught, eel pie and chips

That is how you can smeeeeell what USA is cooking!

The Rock

So you honestly believe that you know the USA because you have watched some American TV? Yet more evidence that cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Definitely Family Guy!!! I don't know how many times my wife will watch it with me and she says "I can't believe they did that or said that"!!! The Simpsons are OK, I look forward to their Halloween Specials. I'm hoping they make a DVD compilation of them soon.

"THERE'S AN EVIL MONKEY LIVING IN MY CLOSET"!!! :lol:

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Sep 7, 2004 @ 03:33 AM

So you honestly believe that you know the USA because you have watched some American TV? Yet more evidence that cocaine is a hell of a drug.

hell yeah :rolleyes:

that is a world record i forgot on my list, cocaine usage

that is sooooo USA

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Sep 17, 2004 @ 03:56 PM

I was actually implying that you were on crack, but that one must have slipped by.

:lol: man that´s just for hobbos

reading your posts and feeling your innocent nationalism

is what REALLY turns me on :hehehe:

ooooh kaayyy... except I've done nothing except point out that the simpsons is not a valid source of news. I didn't say anything in particular in favor or against anything, just that basing anything from the simpsons is... ridiculous. But whatever you say. Honestly, I shouldn't give a damn if people have misconceptions about me or anything else. That involves too much work.

Back