Which game company do you like better?

Originally posted by lordofduct@Jul 14, 2004 @ 03:11 AM

yes but shes mean to alot of people other then you, i dont want my head bit off, and i dont wanna seem like im moving in on your teritory. Ummm, screw it.

Whats the difference between don't and doesn't. Other then proper english; screw proper english!

There are many things wrong with your post:

1) Capitalization of first sentence, or lack thereof

2) No apostraphes

3) 'alot' is two words

4) 'i' is uncapitalized

5) bitten, not bit

6) want to

7) two Rs in territory

8) No question mark

9) English should be capitalized, as it is a proper noun

:lol: I'm just messing with you, it doesn't matter worth a shit.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Jul 14, 2004 @ 03:11 AM

yes but shes mean to alot of people other then you, i dont want my head bit off, and i dont wanna seem like im moving in on your teritory. Ummm, screw it.

I am equally mean to everyone.

What? Cloud's territory? Ahahahahahaha~~~

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Jul 14, 2004 @ 02:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Jul 14, 2004 @ 02:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Crazygoon, have you played Devil May Cry on HARD and DANTE MUST DIE modes?[/b]

Most likely not - I think I've only played maybe 20 minutes of that game in my life :lol:

Actually, now that I remember --> Is the first boss a giant ant or moth or spider that chases you down a corridor? I remember playing to him, then dying, chuckled then left the rest of the game to a friend who played it non-stop from there. And IIRC, he had a hard time beating the boss after some bit with a giant mirror.

<!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW
@Jul 14, 2004 @ 02:01 AM

Haha, Hard Mode + Papillon Suit sounds so beautifully masochist.[/i][/quote]

You really need to look up the meaning to that word, since you have used it before and in both cases your sentence didn't make sense.

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jul 14, 2004 @ 07:15 PM

You really need to look up the meaning to that word, since you have used it before and in both cases your sentence didn't make sense.

I think she just means masochistic.

Pedant. :p

Haha, Hard Mode + Papillon Suit sounds so beautifully masochist.

It's tough, but I can clear most rooms in the game without getting hit. I usually just use the Tengu immediately if I think I'm in trouble. Some of the bosses definitely give me a hard time, but I generally give myself three lives per level, sort of like a conventional shooter. I doubt I'll ever clear the game using only three lives throughout the whole thing, though. ;)

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jul 14, 2004 @ 04:15 AM

She used it correctly. Although if you want to get picky about grammar it should be masochistic like mal said.

mas·och·ism Pronunciation Key (ms-kzm) n.

1. The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.

2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.

3. A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 16, 2004 @ 07:06 PM

Ehh okay, I think the first definition is more applicable, but hey. ;)

That's the way Des-ROW was using it, it's not the most commonly used meaning of the word.

Originally posted by mountaindud+Jul 14, 2004 @ 04:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mountaindud @ Jul 14, 2004 @ 04:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lordofduct@Jul 14, 2004 @ 03:11 AM

Whats the difference between don't and doesn't. Other then proper english; screw proper english!

There are many things wrong with your post:

1) Capitalization of first sentence, or lack thereof

2) No apostraphes

3) 'alot' is two words

4) 'i' is uncapitalized

5) bitten, not bit

6) want to

7) two Rs in territory

8) No question mark

9) English should be capitalized, as it is a proper noun

:lol: I'm just messing with you, it doesn't matter worth a shit.[/b][/quote]

You missed some:

1.5) comma after yes

3.5) than, not then

3.75) period or semicolon instead of comma

8.5) see 3.5)

:lol: I'm just messing with you!

:eek: You can't correct my grammar and punctuation. :punisher:

EDIT: I meant add to my list of bad grammar and punctuation

Hmm...I shouldn't have missed those now that I think about it. Akuma must be more skilled than I am in the language of English. We should go through the entire message board and correct EVERYONE'S grammar! That would be fun! :banana

Originally posted by mal@Jul 18, 2004 @ 10:02 PM

What do you think Akuma does when he's bored? ;)

That might explain why "thus" and "ergo" suddenly appear in my posts. :ph34r:

Back