Who's your favorite comic book character?

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member

Post who your favorite comic book character is.

Mine is Galactus from the Silver Surfer. He has the power cosmic and then some!

Galactus Bio

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Sep 15, 2003 @ 10:47 AM

Post who your favorite comic book character is.

Mine is Galactus from the Silver Surfer. He has the power cosmic and then some!

Galactus Bio

Shouldn't your favorite comic book character be Iceman? :D

Originally posted by Cloud121@Sep 15, 2003 @ 02:40 AM

BATMAN!

I second and third that.

The characters from Planetside are also pretty neat.

Psh batman. For some reason I never saw anyting super about him.

My favorite character would have to be Gambit from X-men

gambit is cool....but leonardo is the shit (from TMNT)

BTW, 1000th post! yay! about time....jesus. sum ppl have been here half or less the time that I have and have like 3x the posts......damn kids, haha

Katina Choovaniski from Strangers in Paradise.

If I've gotta be limited to a superhero, the Amazing Slap Stick (Marvel character, had a 4 issue mini series back in the early-mid 90's and guest starred in New Warriors a couple of times).

Unless I can include licensed characters who appeared in comics, in which case Starscream from the G1 Transformers.

Just to be nice and silly (and lacking a proper grounding in the realm of comic books), I'll have to say that my vote wavers between Basket Man (1, 2, 3, 4) and Karate Snoopy (1, 2, 3, 4). If online comics and/or blatant MNFTIU plugs don't count, I'll go ahead and say Daisuke Ido from Battle Angel / Gunm (though I've only actually seen him in the anime).

I think that's kind of the point for a lot of Batman fans -- he doesn't have invulnerability or supersonic speed or vampiric powers or whatever, only the power of being an extremely smart/skilled badass with a score to settle and healthy finances. Presumably, the Punisher holds a similar appeal.

Originally posted by ExCyber+Sep 15, 2003 @ 11:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ExCyber @ Sep 15, 2003 @ 11:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just to be nice and silly (and lacking a proper grounding in the realm of comic books), I'll have to say that my vote wavers between Basket Man (1, 2, 3, 4) and Karate Snoopy (1, 2, 3, 4). If online comics and/or blatant MNFTIU plugs don't count, I'll go ahead and say Daisuke Ido from Battle Angel / Gunm (though I've only actually seen him in the anime).[/b]

I saw the anime first. Then I bought several of the manga translated into English: graphic novels. If Ex-Cyber chooses Daisuke Ido, then I'd choose Alita, the Battle Angel. Yeah, Alita is the name of Ido's dead cat before he found Alita according to the comic. IIRC, Alita's real name, according to the last volume of the manga when she got her memory back, was Yoko.

<!--QuoteBegin-ExCyber
@Sep 15, 2003 @ 11:22 PM

I think that's kind of the point for a lot of Batman fans -- he doesn't have invulnerability or supersonic speed or vampiric powers or whatever, only the power of being an extremely smart/skilled badass with a score to settle and healthy finances. Presumably, the Punisher holds a similar appeal.
[/quote]

You forget to mention that Batman is well-trained in the martial arts.

chip from the newer green lantern. at least i think his name was chip.

Oh yeah! don't forget about Scud from Scud the disposable assassin!!! He kicks ass.

Which Human Torch? The original from the 40's who fought against the nazis alongside Captain America and Namor, or the modern era one from the Fantastic Four?

Would have to be Captain Britain. Wasnt exactly an amazing super hero but i for some reason liked him a lot when reading Excalibur.

I'd have to say either alita from battle angel, or koganei kaoru from flame of recca. As a possible runner up, gabe from Penny-arcade lol. When they had the comic of him gluing his hands to his face I fell out of my chair laughing, and then the one about him playing agianst bots in UT and thinking they were real people.

Edit: w00t, my 500th post.

I'm gonna have to go with The Thing aka Ben Grimm of Fantastic Four fame. I just always thought he had such a cool attitude, and his catchphrase ("It's clobberin' time!") is awesome too.

Back