X-men 2

remember in the street fighter movie how there was a "dr. dhalsim" but he didn't stretch and wasn't really indian or anything? that sucked.

Well, at least it was internally consistent.

Originally posted by schi0249@May 4, 2003 @ 08:30 AM

Yup thats the one Morrison is writing. I have to agree with the comment on Queseda and company. Great editors do seem to make a world of difference. I started following X-Men around X-Tinction Agenda. And my interest has come and gone. However, over the past couple years, stories have greatly improved.

I would love to see them make Transmet into a movie. Warren Ellis is a great story teller.

And Gallstaff, no Nightcrawler was never evil. He started as a circus freek. His mother is Mystique. And in the comics books, he is an ordained minister.

He's a minister? I never knew that. Hmm. That also reminds me, why did they write him out of the newer comics. And I mean not like really new but if I remembwer they wrote him out in the eighties of pretty much all the comics at the time. Why was that?

I agree with whoever liked the start of the moive best with Nightcrawler, def. my favorite part....

Can anyone explain what the spots were on nightcrawlers jacket, and where was beast?

I saw X2 the other night and really enjoyed it.

I noticed all those things people mentioned (well I only noticed Remy LeBeau on that screen, but it flashed so quick that I culdn't see any other names), except for the Phoenix at the end. But I saw what was coming at the end there with Jean, and I kinda figured that it would lead into the Phoenix storyline.

Jammie Maddrox is actually the name of a character from the old X-Factor comics. His code-name was Multiple Man I believe.

I used to be a big XMen fan between the X-Cutioner storyline up until the Onslaught thing. Towards the end, the stories just got bad, so I stopped collecting.

Long before Twistid was around, hell, long before the Insane Clown Posse, Jamie Madrox was the name of Multiple Man, a member of X-Factor.

There's a scene where there is a TV in the background. On the TV, they are interviewing a Dr. Hank McCoy, aka the Beast.

As for Nightcrawler in the 80's and 90's, he spent most of the time as a member of eXcalibur, the team of X-Men based out of Muir Island, England.

Schi0249, is Colossus still dead? I stopped reading the X books before the Legacy Virus deal was wrapped up, but I did scan through the issue at the store.

He sure is. One of the few to remain dead. For now that is. Late last year they went through a rash of killings. Pslocke, Magneto, and everyone else on Genosha. The current writing teams seem intent on not constantly bringing back the dead. They returned a few old members, most of the X-Factor team. Colossus was always one of my favorites. And I was very disappointed when they killed him. But the story for it was good.

Here is the very first x-men comic. Pretty shitty, but I thought it might interest some of you.

For God's sake, look at the beast! He's a gorilla!

You should see what happened to him a few years later. The current Beast is blue, furry, and has sharp claws in place of hands. Ah how times they change. If you think the old X-Men books are bad, then check some of the truly old Superman and Batman comics. Man I'm feeling way nostalgic. I guess its time for me to read some old school comics.

Just saw it. Great movie.

Can't wait for 28 days to come out! Looks to be a George Romero type zombie movie!!!!

Originally posted by Gallstaff@May 4, 2003 @ 06:36 PM

Here is the very first x-men comic. Pretty shitty, but I thought it might interest some of you.

For God's sake, look at the beast! He's a gorilla!

Iceman looks like a snowman, throwing snowballs at his opponents.
laugh.gif
ph34r.gif

Also, check out Angel with the bazooka.
laugh.gif

I saw it on Sunday, I stopped checking out X-Men YEARS ago (around 1996 I think), however, from I remember, it made the movie enjoyable. I liked seeing Collosus (correct spelling?) and Pyro. However, was Pyro a good guy then became a bad guy in the original story as well? Because from what I saw Pyro was ALWAYS a bad guy. I stopped watching partway through the Phoenix saga. In fact, I remember very little. Also, wasn't Mystique, Rouge's mother in the series?

Pyro was always evil. Mystique is Rogues adopted mother. However, she is Sabertooth and Nightcrawler's biological mother.

Whaa? I was just checking out X-men comic history the other night.. Its cool, but at the same time real baad. It is like a soap opera where the story has s many parralel dimensions, alternate universes and bastard children that it makes "the says of our lives" look like ozzy and hariet

I wasn't able to see stan lee in this movie (in most movies he plays as an extra actor who appears a couple of seconds). Is he in x2? Or this time he didn't show up?

MTV said the last 6 movies based on Marvel comics started at #1 in the box office. So, I can only think of 4 of them: X men, x2, daredevil, spiderman. What are the other two films based on marvel comics that hit #1 ?

Back