Yaargh! PD Zwei won't work!

Pleeease help me! I've finally gotten a shiny Cd burner, so I downloaded a shiny PD Zwei ISO! So I burned the thing, and got the swap trick right on my first try, or so I thought... After the lame-o intro video the game takes me back to the Saturn cd player screen.. but WHY?? I thought "I've heard some stuff about burning the disc at high speeds makes things go boom", so I tried again at 8x (first time was at 24x), but no-no, same old thing again
sad.gif
Maybe 8x not slow enough? Maybe Mr. Saturn only likes 74 minute discs? Don't think so... Maybe I got the swap trick wrong? But I got the game running, didn't I? Or maybe Zwei never works, or the iso I got was crappy.. Does Zwei have any sound tracks in it? Maybe the game searches for one at the title screen, but when it's not there.... Pleeeease help me....

Originally posted by DApro@Sep. 20 2002, 12:00 am

Pleeease help me! I've finally gotten a shiny Cd burner, so I downloaded a shiny PD Zwei ISO! So I burned the thing, and got the swap trick right on my first try, or so I thought... After the lame-o intro video the game takes me back to the Saturn cd player screen.. but WHY?? I thought "I've heard some stuff about burning the disc at high speeds makes things go boom", so I tried again at 8x (first time was at 24x), but no-no, same old thing again
sad.gif
Maybe 8x not slow enough? Maybe Mr. Saturn only likes 74 minute discs? Don't think so... Maybe I got the swap trick wrong? But I got the game running, didn't I? Or maybe Zwei never works, or the iso I got was crappy.. Does Zwei have any sound tracks in it? Maybe the game searches for one at the title screen, but when it's not there.... Pleeeease help me....

Maybe if you'd actually owned an original "Shiny PD Zwei ISO" you might have been able to appreciate the "Lame-o video intro" which was pretty good for 1994/5.

With such a cavalier attitude coupled with impatience that rivals a child badly needing to unrinate, you'll probably think the game sucks (if you can manage to get it working correctly)anyways, so I ain't gonna bother.

Best help I can suggest is some intensive outpatient therapy to help deal with the stressors that "Mr. Saturn" is currently imposing on you.

Nuh-uh! Playing older games has never been a problem of mine. Sorry, but the music that played through the intro of Zwei was quite boring, unlike the one on Saga (which I DO own). It's not like you could ever expect decent videos out of the Saturn (unless you have a VCD card, and play Lunar), so they just didn't care much about it. In Saga, in almost half of the cutscenes it looked as if they were using the in-game model for Edge, ugh! And he was standing right there in front other, much more detailed, characters. How shameless!

*Ahem*

Back to topic, uh, so you don't know what it is? It's ok, I always knew it wouldn't work all the time. At least, I got Discworld running, after lots and lots of disc swapping :/

Are you three years old? When zwei came along videogaming was mostly sprites and choppy psx games.

I'd like to say I just fired up my copy to check for the same problem. Damn this is good my weekend is shot.

...Rap-tor? What's that? I've some pretty obscure cd-burning software, but never this one... Any help, please?

Oh, and I wasn't talking about in-game graphics, but of the typical fmv intro every game just HAD to have. MOO!

Gallstaff, did this person kick your dog or something?

Hey don't make me get sonic down here to kick your ass all across this little white text field, after all, i am his personal buddy
biggrin.gif

Yeah well, everybody has lapses of judgement every now and then, even Sonic.

Ok, I think I understand what the problem is now..

On this post, I mean.

You see, my guess is that Mr. archiver is not used to reading much, so when he saw my post he just skimmed through it and thought I was "talking" loud or fast, or in a rude manner. Since that he is much better at writing stuff than reading them, he decided it would be fun to express his intent on not helping me by making fun of my topic, therefore biasing the opinion of certain others around here. But never mind that! I will correct this whole thing by editing my topic into a much more pleasent read...

"hi

my copy of panzar dragoon swei won't work!!!11

it goes back to the cd screen after video

i dont know whats wrong

plis help me

plis"

Notice all the lines you DON'T have to read? I'm sure you'll do ok this time.

Never mind though, I finally (after many a coaster) got the thing working. I can finally enjoy the "1994" Panzer Dragoon Zwei on my Saturn. Thanks!

Yeah, I guess I'm good at fixing things =\

Just 5 minutes ago, I tried to mod my 4in1 PAR+ to play Vampire Savior with some random wire I got from a sound cable and... sticky tape. Yep, it worked. Who needs soldering classes, right? ^^;

Hate to sound like an ass, but you might learn to appreciate soldering once that tape/wire comes loose and Vampire Savior freezes up on you
tongue.gif

Then again, I might be wrong.

Back