Yabause

I tried to do a little debugging. It seems like all of the "Unhandled Onchip" errors are coming from sh2core.c. The vast majority of the errors are coming from the function: FASTCALL OnchipWriteByte(u32 addr, u8 val).

There are 2 errors coming from this function as well: FASTCALL OnchipWriteLong(u32 addr, u32 val).

After these warnings Yabause segfaults. I have no clue where it's segfaulting.

I'm not too familiar with yabause, but I'm thinking that the problem isn't in those functions so much as it's a problem somewhere else in the SH-2 core. It looks like maybe one or both of the SH-2s has jumped to the wrong address (probably trying to execute data as code). and is trying to write to addresses it shouldn't

Alright, I commited a few more changes to cvs. You may have to for a few hours for it to show up on the public cvs though. You'll know when it's updated when you see /yabause/src/c68k/types.h get updated.

If it doesn't work now I'll probably have to wait until Guill gets his new lap top before trying again.

Cyber Warrior X

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Tue, 2005-08-30 @ 10:52 PM

If it doesn't work now I'll probably have to wait until Guill gets his new lap top before trying again.

Btw, I should get that laptop today. Just have to install linux on it and I can try and fix yabause for 64-bits machine. So, if it's still not working, it should be working soon :)

More progress: Now it just segfaults, no more unhandled chip errors. Unfortunately I have no clue where it's seg faulting.

Looks like Guill figured it out! :) It seems as though c68k(the 68k core we're using) wasn't exactly 64-bit compliant. It looks like it's been fixed :)

Cyber Warrior X

:cheers

Works now, and speed seems pretty decent (then again this is my first saturn emu on my super computer). Thanks for all your help guys.

One thing to look at, I still got a few warnings during compilation for c68k/c68k_op4.inc. I looked through the file and it looks like it's complaining about some u32 typecasts.

Attachments

• yabause2.png
    yabause2.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 148
I've just done some changes to remove those warnings. I think I'll have to fix some more things for 64 bits cpu as games working on 32 bits are still crashing.

About speed, I'm getting 15 fps on the cdplayer screen without the graphic card drivers and 40 fps with drivers.

Originally posted by slinga@Fri, 2005-09-02 @ 02:07 AM

:cheers

Works now, and speed seems pretty decent (then again this is my first saturn emu on my super computer). Thanks for all your help guys.

One thing to look at, I still got a few warnings during compilation for c68k/c68k_op4.inc. I looked through the file and it looks like it's complaining about some u32 typecasts.

[post=139039]Quoted post[/post]​

ehe you're ready for the contest :rockin:

I'm down :cheers

Got satconv working on linux, gotta spend time figuring out how take bin -> iso, and of course how to compile saturn code. Shouldn't be too hard but will take me some time.

I heard rumours that it works already.

But you can develop cartridge games just like if it where CD games.

In both cases the IP.BIN header specifies where the binary is loaded to. If you include all data inside the binary or load it from CD, the only change would apply to the IP.BIN to make it a cartridge game.

Here's a list of currently supported carts:

-Action Replay 4M Plus(Commlink and write abilities not emulated. rom required)

-Backup ram carts(4-32 Mbits)

-Dram carts(8, 32 Mbits)

-16 Mbit rom cart(untested, but it -should- work. rom required)

I'll work on Netlink whenever I get the mountain of other things I need to do done(so basically not for a while). Unfortunately if you want to use a specific cart, you have to change a line in yabause.c and recompile. I'll have it changed around eventually to be command-line/GUI selectable.

Cyber Warrior X

Originally posted by ExCyber+Sat, 2005-09-10 @ 10:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ExCyber @ Sat, 2005-09-10 @ 10:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CyberWarriorX

-16 Mbit rom cart
Before anyone asks: no, this is not a typo. ;)

[post=139508]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b][/quote]

:p

Yeah, I just need someone to donate the two existing rom carts or someone to send a dumped rom in order to check it out. I was able to verify the size and location from the games themselves though.

Cyber Warrior X

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Mon, 2005-09-12 @ 08:41 PM

Yeah, I just need someone to donate the two existing rom carts or someone to send a dumped rom in order to check it out. I was able to verify the size and location from the games themselves though.

Cyber Warrior X

[post=139540]Quoted post[/post]​

You will be able to dump it with the next version of the Save Game Manager for SEGA Saturn.

Back