Yabause

Originally posted by vbt@Thu, 2006-04-27 @ 11:21 PM

No more nightly build for Windows ? The last one was really good and I see new packages for MacOs and Linux.

[post=145937]Quoted post[/post]​

I've been pretty busy of late, but I'll try to get one up today.

Cyber Warrior X

Originally posted by vbt@Sat, 2006-04-29 @ 08:05 PM

Thanks a bunch CWX :) You were really fast :) I test it immediatly.

http://yabause.sourceforge.net/builds.php

[post=145965]Quoted post[/post]​

No problem. Oh yeah, I added a speed throttle that you can turn on by pressing and holding the tilde/backquote key. All it basically does is skip drawing 6 frames in succession in order to speed up execution. Handy in cases where you don't feel like waiting and don't care about large amounts of frame-skipping.

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Mon, 2006-05-01 @ 02:28 AM

No problem. Oh yeah, I added a speed throttle that you can turn on by pressing and holding the tilde/backquote key. All it basically does is skip drawing 6 frames in succession in order to speed up execution. Handy in cases where you don't feel like waiting and don't care about large amounts of frame-skipping.

[post=145973]Quoted post[/post]​

I've just tested the new speed throtlle and it works perfectly, it can help a lot when doing some dev tests, making screens captures of games and trying games.

[attachmentid=1834]

NB : the behavior is not the same on W98 and W2000, Rockin'-B's SNES emu was crashing on W2000 and worked perfectly on W98. Naturally it can be a config problem on my PC :)

Attachments

• yabause.jpg
    yabause.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 156
  • yabause.jpg
    yabause.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 138
Little wishlist for next yabause version:

- propper window size, currently it's always 320x224, no matter what the Saturn res is (bad for screenshots)

- correct full screen display, only upper part is displayed, plus the window menu bar

- changing the ISO file requires a restart (settings to the init file should have immediate effect)

- better button mapping, with my keyboard keys are at different locations than you assumed

- how do I get to know which frameskip is active?

- is there a built-in screenshot function?

Just some suggestions in order of usefulness for my personal usage.

Bugreport:

- priorities don't work correct (in a project I'm working on, sprites cover NBG0 and it should be the other way around)

- windows don't work (VDP2 window 0)

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Wed, 2006-05-03 @ 09:21 PM

- propper window size, currently it's always 320x224, no matter what the Saturn res is (bad for screenshots)

- correct full screen display, only upper part is displayed, plus the window menu bar

- changing the ISO file requires a restart (settings to the init file should have immediate effect)

- better button mapping, with my keyboard keys are at different locations than you assumed

[post=146066]Quoted post[/post]​

Full screen will be working correctly in the windows port by next release(I'd already commit my new code, but cvs has been down for most of this week). The rest could be added by next release, though it'd happen sooner if people could start volunteering for some of the tasks.

Cyber Warrior X

Alright, I finally managed to get the new code commited to cvs. I also uploaded a new nightly build. It should be running better, but if there's any problems, make sure to mention it.

Cyber Warrior X

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Thu, 2006-05-04 @ 07:21 PM

[post=146066]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't forget a frame limiter of some kind. Some games run at 130 fps.

Originally posted by Druid II@Fri, 2006-05-12 @ 03:11 AM

Don't forget a frame limiter of some kind. Some games run at 130 fps.

[post=146245]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, give the latest nightly build a try. I enabled some auto frameskip/auto frame limiting code I wrote about a week or so ago. It should help with that.

Cyber Warrior X

Direct Input? Awesome. *downloads nightly build*

By the way...Any idea why the cvs updates no longer show up on the sourceforge cvs viewer for the last couple of months? I check it out via the mail archive now. ;)

Originally posted by Lord Darkstorm@Fri, 2006-05-12 @ 08:32 AM

Direct Input? Awesome. *downloads nightly build*

By the way...Any idea why the cvs updates no longer show up on the sourceforge cvs viewer for the last couple of months? I check it out via the mail archive now. ;)

[post=146247]Quoted post[/post]​

It's because sourceforge has been having problems with it for the last couple of months :) Actually, it looks like they've fixed it now. Supposedly it's more up to date these days too.

Cyber Warrior X

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Sat, 2006-05-13 @ 10:41 AM

It's because sourceforge has been having problems with it for the last couple of months :) Actually, it looks like they've fixed it now. Supposedly it's more up to date these days too.

Cyber Warrior X

[post=146249]Quoted post[/post]​

I've tested yesterday and the Full screen option is working perfectly, the F key was replaced by ALT+ENTER :banana

Just a small remark when moving from full screen to windowed mode other windows doesn't look to be refreshed.

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Sat, 2006-05-13 @ 02:51 AM

Actually, give the latest nightly build a try. I enabled some auto frameskip/auto frame limiting code I wrote about a week or so ago. It should help with that.

Cyber Warrior X

[post=146246]Quoted post[/post]​

Something is definetaly wrong with the latest nightly build, as I barely even get video at all. Only a bunch of still pictures, as if only 1 frame per 2 seconds would be drawn.

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Sat, 2006-05-13 @ 09:41 AM

Cyber Warrior X

The newest update they have is seven weeks ago. Looks like they still have a ways to go. :)

That's strange... When I checked the other day(as well as just now) it's showing the latest changes I did. Keep in mind that the "age" is the last time the individual file was changed, not the last time ViewVC was updated.

Cyber Warrior X

Well, I just tried it again, and it wouldn't open. So I went through the sourceforge yabause site, instead of my firefox bookmark, and it worke fine, and I saw the new changes. Then I noticed the address has changed compared to my bookmark, which I suppose was the problem earlier, but everything works now. :)

Back