32pin cdrom in 64pin console

Hello, first of all, sorry for confusing topic title but i couldn't think of anything else:)

The thing is, i have 2 (well 3, but that's not the case:)) saturns, and one of them is 64pin and it works without any problems. 2nd one is 32pin with "broken" motherboard. So, since modding 64pin sat is hard and often won't work i've tried replacing 64pin drive with 32pin drive...and it works! Swap trick is much harder now but it's do-able. So my question is.. will it be possible to mod that kind of saturn? (motherboard of 64pin drive and 32pin drive)

I'm asking since motherboards of these two saturns were kind of different.

Sorry about the quality of pictures.

Thanks in advance.

That's how they look:

64pin console

0507152041394yx.jpg

32pin console

0507152041555ef.jpg

Originally posted by k!dman@Sat, 2005-07-16 @ 10:33 AM

So my question is.. will it be possible to mod that kind of saturn? (motherboard of 64pin drive and 32pin drive)

It most certainly is. :)

I once did this... using a mobo from a 64 pin and the CD drive from a 32 pin and it didn't work for me. But it is always worth a try.

[EDIT] Mine was the 64 pin mobo that had the daughter board for the controller ports.

Dyldo, did the hybrid Saturn work without a mod, or did modding it make it not work?

k!dman says his hybrid works as a pre-mod. *shrug*

I can't remember at this moment. I wanna say it did, but don't hold me to it, and theres no way to check now cause I've junked those Saturns bad.

Back