• Rise from your gwave!

4/5 in 1 Sat Swap

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by Cloud121, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

Hey guys, can the 4/5 in 1 swap work with a Gameshark? I plan on buying a GS from a friend who's selling all his Sat stuff (already bought Sega Rally, and his Demo Disc. Unfortunately, he's charging top dollar for Virtua Cop 2 :()

Anyway, I want to know if that swap will work with a GS.

2. Captian Crazy

Captian Crazy New Member

Unlike the Par 4 in 1 the GS will kill yer Cart slot faster I hear.

3. Raijin Z

Raijin Z New Member

Mainly because certain 3rd part carts have different board thicknesses. What does that mean? A thicker board will mess up the cart slot so that thinner boards won't touch all of the contacts when inserted. Bleah. Bust out the calipers.

4. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

Um.... how can doing the swap trick hurt my cart slot? Since when did doing the swap trick to get PDS, and my other pirated games working harm my cart slot on my Sat?

5. Captian Crazy

Captian Crazy New Member

USING THE GS WILL KILL YOUR CARD SLOT. I DIDN'T STUDDER AND SAY SWAP TRICK IN MY POST BEFORE DID I ? Sorry for yelling.

6. Hatecrime69

Hatecrime69 New Member

um...gee may he mean swapping to play cdr games?

7. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

my turn: HOW CAN SWAPPING OUT DISCS TO PLAY CD-R GAMES HARM MY #### CART SLOT? Read the swap trick for the 4/5 in 1 FAQ in the Misc. section. You'll see what I mean. :p

8. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

Okay... read very carefully:

The presence of an excessively thick PCB in your cart slot can cause it to stop working properly due to the mechanical stress it puts on the slot. Nothing at all to do with swapping anything. Whether or not GS actually has such a thick PCB is beyond my knowledge :p

9. Nimoy

Nimoy New Member

May be a dumb question, but WHY would you want to swap a 4/5-in-1 with a GameShark anyways when you can run GameShark codes on the 4/5-in-1 itself???

10. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

can I have a shotgun now please?

11. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

* hands Arakon a loaded shotgun *

12. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

*hands Arakon a laser sight*

13. gamefoo21

gamefoo21 New Member

whats the purpose of a laser sight on a shotgun since with a shotgun its really hard to miss but its even harder at a distance to hit the little red dot. mind you it does look cool :)

14. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

Shine it into the target's eyes to blind them first?

15. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

Actually I was going for the total look of intimidation...next thing to add sould be the leather jacket and army boots. :p