5 more days till the new sonic game!!!

Hi there,

I’ve played some of the game, and can give you some general impressions:

HIT - Great Graphics: The graphics are done incredibly well on the Gamecube. In general, you can tell a lot of work went into it. The enviroments are bright and very well detailed.

HIT – Frame rate – Perfect.

HIT - Loading Times: Their basically non-existent, other than the 5 seconds it takes to load a level.

HIT - Speed - This is a fast game, although as I'll mention later, it's also a problem.

HIT – Those singing performances during the level are gone – Thankfully.

HIT – Controls – Clean.

MISS – Short Game – Unless you have a friend to play with, or avidly want to beat the levels in order to get ‘A’ rankings, this game just isn’t that long.

The multiple characters add more length but in reality, it won’t take you more than a few hours to complete the game’s missions for each team.

MISS – Repetitiveness – While flying through the loops is great, and jumping to incredible heights is fun, the novelty wears off quickly. You’re basically racing to the end of what feel like a track, between levels that really offer no variety. To add more challenge, Sega possibly should of had you compete against other teams in a race to the end.

MISS – Switching Characters – While it’s a key aspect; it’s also a failure (in my opinion). In a game that is designed to be fast, characters such as Knuckles, Tails, Big, etc merely slow the pace down drastically (which breaks the smoothness of the game and makes it very difficult to complete the level on time in order to get a good ranking). When playing Team Sonic’s scenario, I basically wanted to stay Sonic, and only bothered to switch when I needed Tails in order to jump high or Knuckles in order to break a block. As a result, I was pretty much able to negate the existence of this feature (other than when I was required).

MISS – Ranking System – While I like a challenge, the ability to get an ‘A’ rating in a level was clearly intended for those who have nothing better to do than play to perfection (much to the level that it would require you to complete the most advanced speed challenges in Sly Cooper or the original Sonic Adventure). In short, getting an decent ranking requires basic memorization of every major nunance and aspect of the level. Unfortunately, for the average gamer that just wants to play and not rip his hair out, it’s a disappointment.

In general: I’m liking the game, but as it wears on, I’m quickly realizing that there isn’t much. Anyway, don't take my word as law. Rent the game and see if you like it. I'm sure some will feel perfectly at home with it's gameplay.

Originally posted by Ammut+Jan 6, 2004 @ 07:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ammut @ Jan 6, 2004 @ 07:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mal@Jan 6, 2004 @ 03:21 AM

I'll be happy if Outrun 2 ends up on any console.

when outrun 2 comes gets released on Virtual Boy I'll hold you to that 😀

---Ammut [/b][/quote]

I've got a virtual boy, bring it on, would be good to have a new vboy game to play lol.

Back