6-button 3do controller (and ballz Q)

I noticed on the back of the box for Ballz, directors cut, a mention of an offer to get a special 6-button controller for use with the game.

My question is whether the 6-button controller actually has any more buttons than the standard controller. Because the standard controller has a L, X, and R buttons in addition to the ABC buttons, so my theory was that the 6-button controller just placed these buttons specially located above the ABC buttons for easier button-mashing action.

Or are there actually more buttons (i.e., genesis 3-button v.s. 6-button controllers)?

I was curious, because if Ballz really requires additional buttons to play it best, i'd rather wait to see if I can get the controllers before buying the game.

Also, while I'm on the subject of balls, I used to own Ballz on genesis many years ago. I had a cheat book I bought at Media Play (that alone dates this) with all the codes for playing all the bosses and all the moves and stuff. I pretty much played the game to death.

I was wondering if the 3do version of Ballz actually has anything different than the genesis version? Or is the "director's cut" just referencing the improved stage graphics?

Thanks,

JMT.

Only codes I've got for this game.

Ballz: The Director's Cut

Codes note:

Codes must be entered during a fight, and only last for the duration of that fight.

Camera man (one player game):

Press B, A, Left(2), A, Down(2), A, C, A, B, A, Right, A. This code will give camera control to controller two during a one player game. The camera operates in the same manner as during an instant replay.

Camera man (two player game):

With three controllers available, enter B, A, Left(2), A, Down(2), Right, A, Down, A, Right on controller one. This code will give camera control to controller three during a two player game. The camera operates in the same manner as during an instant replay.

Unlock Bosses:

Press B, A, Left(2), C, Right, A, C, A, Left(2). All Boss characters will be unlocked for player one.

Infinite time:

Press B, A, Left(2), B, Left, A, B, Left, A, B, Left, A. This code may require several attempts before it takes effect.

Swap power bar:

Press B, A, Left(2), Down, Right, A, C, Up, Left, A

Lamprey morph:

Press B, A, Left(2), A, B, Right, A, C, A, Down, A, B, Right, A.

Bounder morph:

Press B, A, Left(2), Right, Up(2), Right, Up(2).

Kronk morph:

Press B, A, Left(2), B, Up, C, A, B, Up, C, A. Use when playing a Boss character to morph to Kronk.

Lethal hit:

Press B, A, Left(2), C, Left, Up, B, Up, B, A, Down.

Translucent balls:

Press B, A, Left(2), B, Left, Up, Right, B, A, Left(2).

Large balls:

Press B, A, Left(3), A, Right, Down, B, A, Left(2). This will increase the size of the balls each time the code is entered.

Black and white character:

Press B, A, Left(2), Down, Right, A, B(2), A, Left(2).

Black and white opponent:

Press B, A, Left(2), B, Left, A, C, B, A, Left(2) Up.

Shrink balls:

Press B, A, Left(2), Right, A, Down, A, Right, Left, Up, Left, Up. This will give your character a skeletal shape.

If anyone has more codes for this game, let me know. It may be lower on my priority list than the sites I get money off of right now, but I am still working on filling the new content sections for 3X.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Aug 24, 2003 @ 12:45 AM

i have the 6 button controller and yes its 3 more buttons

Wrong.

6 Button control pads just remap the L, R and the P buttons onto the right controller area. The regular L, R, and P buttons may still be on the pad, but they just duplicate the buttons.

Back