A reliable place to buy a...

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
What are some good places to buy an XBox mod chip from? I live in the US so preferably one that is in the states (cuz of shipping costs). I am lookin for the executer 2 pro (or whatever the hell it's called) and the external adaptor thing for it. Can anyone help me out?

I have heard nothing but bad from those guys.......a lot of ppl it takes months and months to get their stuff and others, never see it
sad.gif

Originally posted by BJammzz@Apr 12, 2003 @ 03:49 PM

I have heard nothing but bad from those guys.......a lot of ppl it takes months and months to get their stuff and others, never see it
sad.gif

yea, easybuy2000 is horrible, took 3 weeks to get my Matrix XBOX chip.

Go with www.gamegizmo.com, i bought a PSone chip from them, it came quickly. and they have good saturn modboards there.

I would wait and see what comes of the recent ability to load Linux. It could be possible in the near future to run ANY unsigned code without a chip.

Just my $0.02...
wink.gif

Well, that's why I have been waitin as long as I have.....but with the x-ecuter 2 pro chip w/ the external adaptor thingy, it has a switch to turn it on/off for XBox Live, 1 meg for the bios (opposed to everyone elses 256k), plus the bios to run it is writtin by the ppl who make the chip. Overall, it's nice, specially since I dont have to solder :cheers
biggrin.gif

WIll check out game gizmo though.....thankee
smile.gif

with the linux/007/memcard exploit you can flash a new bios to the xbox without the need for a modchip....but you need to bridge two very small jumpers....I MEAN SMALL!!, i was going to do it (just for fun, i already have a matrix mod) but those points are damn small...if you've got the balls, skills, or know someone that does it's a no-brainer... Of course if you overwrite the xbox's bios with a hacked one so you can play "backup" games then you will not be able to connect to xbox-live, and if you screw up you will be forced to buy a modchip in order to use the xbox.

I got my matrix(xodus) chip from easybuy2000, it did indeed take 3 weeks, but that's when it was expected and told to be delivered by....there weren't any tricks about it.

As to wanting the 1meg space vs. the 256k, it's nice to have, but the majority of the bios files out there are 256k....

And above all...make sure you know what you are doing before you jump into something (knowing what the name of the product is, before you go and buy it, would do for starters) research, research, and research again...then make a decision

Originally posted by BJammzz@Apr 12, 2003 @ 01:33 AM

Well, that's why I have been waitin as long as I have.....but with the x-ecuter 2 pro chip w/ the external adaptor thingy, it has a switch to turn it on/off for XBox Live, 1 meg for the bios (opposed to everyone elses 256k), plus the bios to run it is writtin by the ppl who make the chip. Overall, it's nice, specially since I dont have to solder :cheers
biggrin.gif

WIll check out game gizmo though.....thankee
smile.gif

Sounds like the chip I've been waiting for...lol....No solder + live= sweet n easy. Got any links for more info on it? Thanks.

---Ammut

GameGizmo rocks.

Anyone have a hompage link for the Xecuter 2, or a link to installation photos? I'm trying to decide between this one or the newest Matrix chip. The new Matrix is solder-free, but the switches to deactivate it (for XBox Live, etc) are on the chip itself (IE: have to open to turn off the chip). I'd like to be able to take a look and see the differences between the chip setup, and if I'd encounter anything I wouldn't want to mess with. (I've nuked way too many PSX's to even attempt taking a soldering iron to my XBox.)

Back