Air Busters crashes at start of second stage?

Anyone else have the problem of Air Busters always crashing at the start of the second stage (or maybe 3rd, the one with dark background)? I was wondering if maybe this is just caused by using the infinite lives game genie code, or if just my copy of the game is bad somehow, or if it's a real flaw?

Thanks,

JMT.

Where does it lock up at? Air Buster has this weird 'loading time' thing going on between stages, so I just want to make sure that's not what you're describing. I believe the space level is the third one, IIRC.

I think it happened on the 4th level once, and the 3rd level another time I think. Near the beginning of the level (once the level has already started, after that weird loading screen).

I just tried playing with and without the game genie with just 1-player, and didn't have any freezes. It seems to only happen with 2-player simultaneous.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Thrash@Sun, 2005-06-26 @ 03:26 PM

I think it happened on the 4th level once, and the 3rd level another time I think. Near the beginning of the level (once the level has already started, after that weird loading screen).

I just tried playing with and without the game genie with just 1-player, and didn't have any freezes. It seems to only happen with 2-player simultaneous.

[post=135816]Quoted post[/post]​

I've experienced similar "Lock-Ups" in other MEga Drive/Genesis games in the past...

Gaiares - Towards the end when you fight all the Bosses in the linear fashioned way, some times it will freeze.

Zero Wing - About in the middle of the 5hn level it froze on me once.

Gynoug - The game freezed when I paused while fighting the Final Boss...

It never unpaused again.

I've never had a a real Aero Blasters CArt in the past to try it out, but the above problems I've witnessed them in several different carts & in 2 two diffrerent systems.

Back