Alright guys... Time to suck it up...

Shitface

Established Member
Allright fellas. Its time to suck it up. Even if you have no soul, there was a movie that made you cry. What was the last movie that made you cry? And don't tell me there has never been a movie that brought a tear to your eye.

Braveheart --> IMHO that is a very effective film for getting to your emotions. It was only November last year when I first watched it (I'm not a big movie buff), and I now understand why it won awards and stuff. :cool:

I'm sure there have been more recent ones, but the only one that springs to mind was ET back in 82 or 83.

Originally posted by racketboy@Aug 5, 2003 @ 02:06 PM

The Kid got a small sniffle out of me near the end

Cool movie, esp for Disney

disney had something to do with this film ? - i thought it was all from a japanese animator

Originally posted by googlefest1+Aug 5, 2003 @ 02:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(googlefest1 @ Aug 5, 2003 @ 02:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Aug 5, 2003 @ 02:06 PM

The Kid got a small sniffle out of me near the end

Cool movie, esp for Disney

disney had something to do with this film ? - i thought it was all from a japanese animator [/b][/quote]

it's not animated -- it's this movie

It's a funny movie but is has an emotional ending

Originally posted by Curtis@Aug 5, 2003 @ 04:23 AM

I don't cry with movies, but Saving Private Ryan right at the end nearly got me going. :)

Awww.. curtis, c'mon. You never have cried during a movie? What about when you were small? You never shed a tear during a movie? I remember when i was small and my mom took me with her to see beuty and the beast, when they killed the beast, i shed a couple of tears. Doesn't mean it'll make me sad now, but i was like 5 or 6. But i think the last movie that made me teary was gladiator! :lol:

Edit.. When i say cry, i don't mean you have a box of tissues and are really crying. Getting teary eyed is all im lookin for. :cool:

One more thing. Has anyone (at anytime in there life) tried really hard not to shed a tear because you were with someone and didn't want to be embarresed?

Originally posted by Shitface@Aug 5, 2003 @ 03:43 PM

One more thing. Has anyone (at anytime in there life) tried really hard not to shed a tear because you were with someone and didn't want to be embarresed?

Yeah a number of times with my wife, but I can't remember what for

when harry met sally (ya so far that seems the gayest but the thing is i just broke up with somebody that was saying how the movie reminded them of me. I only saw one point and that was when he was calling her and she wasn't answering)

i usualy dont tear from movies unless i put my self in the characters shoes and think about how i would feel or what id do -- i try not to do it because i did that with graveyard of the fireflies and that affected me for couple of weeks - i was so down -- well i not only put my self in it but my little sister too -- for those of you who saw the film youd know what i was talking about and could have a idea of how that could affect you or in my case - me -- damn doing it again - got to get that movie out of my head !!!

The only movie that has EVER made me cry was Batman.

Hold on before you judge, though. I was 5 years old when that movie came out, and my parents took me to see it in theaters. After all "how bad could it be? It's Batman." That movie was freakin scary...

I had the most horrible nightmares for like 2 weeks, and I'd wake up and cry cause I didn't wanna run into the parent's room... cause they'd get me on the way there. :ph34r:

Originally posted by googlefest1@Aug 5, 2003 @ 12:10 PM

i usualy dont tear from movies unless i put my self in the characters shoes and think about how i would feel or what id do -- i try not to do it because i did that with graveyard of the fireflies and that affected me for couple of weeks - i was so down -- well i not only put my self in it but my little sister too -- for those of you who saw the film youd know what i was talking about and could have a idea of how that could affect you or in my case - me -- damn doing it again - got to get that movie out of my head !!!

Yeah man i watched that (or even every time i still watch it) that movie screws me up for weeks. It's sad as hell near the end but damn good movie.

Another movie that made me cry was A.I. that one with the kid from the sixth sense can't remember his name. But that was pretty fricken sad at the end.

was AI actually good?

I've heard so many reviews that are either good or bad.

I figure it's Speilberg so it's gotta be at least decent

It's ok. You can kinda ignore the fact that he's a robot and it's in the future cause at the movies core it's just about this kid trying to find out who he really is... but he's a robot so it's totally different :rolleyes:

The end is just really sad

The Secret of NIMH 2... But they were tears of PAIN! It HURT so bad to see what a HORRIBLE followup the bastards at MGM decided to subject such a classic to.

Other than that... Snoopy Come Home back in 1985 or so. I would'a been in kindergarden or first grade.

Grave of Fireflies came close, though. We need more movies to show how the USA isn't always the glorious heroes we want to think we are in times of war.

Back