Anyone have this RARE game?

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Anyone have a copy of Phantasy Star for SEGA MD? Its pretty much stait over copy of the SMS version. Would REALLY!!!!!!!!!! love this if you couold up it onto a ftp or somethin. Its was just releases in japan so no english but that doesn't stop us does it?

BJammzz: What I've heard is that the Megadrive version of PS1 is actually the SMS/Mark III version, and has the cart wired to activate the SMS/Mark III mode in the MD.

Just to make sure, the Megadrive is the same as the Sega CD/ Mega CD, right? I never heard of a Phantasy Star Collection game... maybe a long long time ago...

Is it cool? I'm guessing it has Phantasy Stars 1 - 4. I'll have to check it out for myself.

Megadrive is the cart system, segacd is the cd drive addon to it.

Phantasy Star Collection is japan-only, and for saturn.

I see... well that's cool for Japanese people... unfortunately us Americans miss out on a lot of stuff. I love Saturn, and a bunch of games for it, but I think the U.S lost out as far as game availablity. I'm gonna have to learn Japanese....

I'm still confused as to what exactly MD is... the cart system... same as Genesis? I mean Sega CD is the add-on to Genesis, as far as I know.

Anybody ever get that Sega Genesis/CD in one? (I forgot what it was called...) It required a TV, of course, but it was still neat to be so small and transportable.

Sorry I can't help out with the MarkIII.

(Edited by NuttyElectrode at 10:19 pm on Nov. 17, 2001)

(Edited by NuttyElectrode at 10:20 pm on Nov. 17, 2001)

MegaDrive is the japanese and european name for the genesis.

the combo system was called CDX.

kinda nice, but apparently of a lower quality.. friend of mine says it has quite some static on audio cds, compared to a good portable cd player.

Okay, here goes...

Roughly speaking:

Genesis = Megadrive

Sega CD = Mega CD

CDX = Multimega

X-Eye = Wondermega

Master System ~= Mark III (not quite equal; the Mark III has an FM synthesizer that the SMS doesn't, but they're nearly identical in all other respects from a software standpoint)

(Edited by ExCyber at 7:41 pm on Nov. 17, 2001)

Thanks a million for the clarification ExCyber. I've been able to make some connections, but now it's all clear to me. :)

Gotta love that CDX, though... mighty convenient. Wish I had gotten one.

I wish i get this sweet baby here, it is so rare :(

i-4_B.jpg

Wow... I never lose an ebay auction that is actually a deal... however, I don't think I can afford to win this one even if the price stays good.

Wish I was rich.... :(

Back