• Rise from your gwave!

Anyway to backup my VMU?

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by Supergrom, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

I just picked up Metal gear solid bleemcast cuz i have yet to play metal gear solid, and im a big fan of the older NES/MSX metal gear games but i never like playstation. Anyway, in order to save my game i have to format the VMU, but i have a few saves that i dont want to lose (DreamSNES Zelda, Skies of Arcadia, and a couple others). Is there a way i can backup these saves on my computer or otherwise without buying another vmu (im kinda broke right now)? or am i just going to have to wait until i can get another one?

2. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

I'd use one of those Nexus memory cards to backup/transfer my VMU saves to and from my computer, but since money is an issue in your case, I guess you'll have to wait until you get some.

3. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

get on planetweb v.2.? and simply email them to yourself.

4. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

hmm, maybe i should try to do the pc-dreamcast internet sharing again. couldnt get it to work last time, but maybe i can make it work =)

5. lancastoor

lancastoor New Member

I got one of the Dual-whatsits (ack cant remember the name)..

Kind of like a double-headed dex-drive for VMUs (holds 2 vmus at a time).. Works with the same software and link cable as the nexus card, which isnt all that great.. Parallel devices other than printers are positively unreliable under win2k.. Works great, though.. (even a built in hex and icon editor)

6. Cecilia Chen

Cecilia Chen Ban Hammered

You can get a VMU box from HK. It acts like a storage box. You plug your VMU to it, and it can download data from the VMU to itself and save it for later. Even copy protected VMU files.

7. Miles McCloud

Miles McCloud New Member

Is there any way to make the DC e-mail work with MSN?

8. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

well, im working on getting the DC-PC connection server working, but not having too much luck so far. I think have one of the unlucky DC modems, so i built a line simulator, but it still doesnt quite work (the dreamcast web browser sais connecting, the modem/server in the computer says answering, but then it hangs up). more than a little frustrating since i kinda wanna play some games online too =(