Zelda
Pokemon Yellow
Kirby Pinball
Super RC Pro Am
Bugs Bunny & Crazy Castle
Mario Land 2
Wario Land

Good ol' GB. Here are my favorites :rambo:

Amazing Penguin (you know you want to play this game)
Kirby's Dreamland
Kirby's Dreamland 2
Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land

and at the time: Pokemon Red/Blue or Yellow... only because it was innovative :p

Pokemon was fun. I never beat it, but i played it for like 6 hours straight on a car ride once. The only bad thing about pokemon is the tons of merchandise and crazy kids that go along with it. I think the only Game boy game ive ever beat is Link's Awakening, but ive played Tetris pretty extensively so both those would be on my favorites list.

Yeah I never beat Pokemon either.
I got pretty far, but then I got Golden Sun and Pokemon got a little boring :D
But Pokemon is what got me hooked on RPGs.
It's a good starter game

Yeah, but imo, it's a shocking RPG - no story (basically), so you end up just walking around killing stuff, getting 2 or 3 pokemon at extemely high levels where you can't be beaten. The bit I was saying about the innovative aspects was the rock, paper, scissors thing with the different pokemon. Grass beats Water, Water beats Fire, Fire beats Grass. I passed Yellow, but could't find some of the bastard pokemon (raichu). But I do agree, it is a good starter game... just a boring one. A good RPG is one which keeps you moving - one where you can't stay in one spot and keep leveling up. Unfortunately, I can't think of an RPG which is like this... perhaps none exist? Well, at least there are a few RPG's with good stories out there. If the games gonna be a winner, it's got to have a good story :medieval:

racketboy said:
Yeah I never beat Pokemon either.
I got pretty far, but then I got Golden Sun and Pokemon got a little boring :D
But Pokemon is what got me hooked on RPGs.
It's a good starter game
Was i the only one who got 151? (Getting mew with the GS... i remember those days O_O) I jacked my bro's gameboy and took all his pokemon that my version didnt have... and all i got for it was some picture thing from that guy in the tower or whatever :/

Ah, good times.

I like the Seiken Densetsu series, so I liked Final Fantasy Adventure, not to mention Final Fantasy Legend III, which I thought was one of the best original GameBoy RPGs.

Back