• Rise from your gwave!

C4 - 2008 discussion

Discussion in 'Saturn Dev' started by RockinB, Aug 10, 2008.

1. SeGaFrEaK_NL

SeGaFrEaK_NL New Member

Yup, I'm playing the entries at the moment. Rockin'B will receive my results before the deadline.

2. mrkotfw

mrkotfw New Member

Thanks for the update!

3. SeGaFrEaK_NL

SeGaFrEaK_NL New Member

Well it seems I spoke too early, I'm afraid I'll have to have to ask a 48h extension (i.e: tomorrow). This will give me the time to fine tune my ratings.

4. hkzlab

hkzlab New Member

Can't wait for the results :)

Also, there are some important changes to my entry that didn't make it into the version i submitted for the contest that i'd like to release.

5. RockinB

RockinB Staff Member

The judging proceedure is actually over since today. I have received 2 ratings of 8 judges.

I understand that, there are really a lot of entries this year, this takes some time to test them all intensively. I have written a reminder to all 6 remaining judges. Hopefully I will get enough ratings soon.

I intent to release the entries, the ratings and the videos this week. I've already uploaded all videos but one, which I have to record with an emulator.

6. SeGaFrEaK_NL

SeGaFrEaK_NL New Member

Done.

It was a little short, especially because the judges have to download the file, burn the discs, get out their keyboards/virtua guns/4MB ram cartridges, play the games, run the emulators on their pc's and write the comments. Still, it was fun doing it!

7. mrkotfw

mrkotfw New Member

I can't wait for the results!

8. RockinB

RockinB Staff Member

Yes, same for me. I do have 3 ratings at the moment, that's not enough, I need 5-6 ratings. Two judges have informed me that they will finish their ratings until early next week. I thought 8 judges would be enough to get 5 ratings, so I didn't take a 9th judge in the boat, at first. But that was then. The 9th judge has took up his work a couple of days ago, just in case....

All videos are recorded and uploaded to youtube, they are still private to not influence the judge procedure (friends of TheRealRockinB can have access, on request)...

9. mrkotfw

mrkotfw New Member

Thanks for the update.

10. Amon

Amon Staff Member

Any word back from the remaining judges?

11. vbt

vbt Staff Member

yep, what happened to them ?

12. mrkotfw

mrkotfw New Member

...any updates...?

13. vbt

vbt Staff Member

Rockin'-B, please give us some news and if possible results :) I don't need prize if it helps :) Also don't forget there was a special mod for the end of the year.:santa:

14. Amon

Amon Staff Member

Rockin'-B I dont need any prize either

15. RockinB

RockinB Staff Member

Hello guys,

I'm really sorry for the long delay. I must admid that I've been lazy in the last months and it's tricky to get started, again.

There will be prizes, of course. I like every contestant to please send me his paypal address for prize transfer. Contestants from europe should prefer usual bank transfer (it saves paypal fees) and provide me their IBAN and BIC numbers for international bank money transfer. It's free inside europe.

16. mrkotfw

mrkotfw New Member

Sent.

17. Amon

Amon Staff Member

*bump* Any news?

18. Amon

Amon Staff Member

Do people want to post their entries so that everyone may play them?

19. vbt

vbt Staff Member

20. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

How odd - many of the entries were by someone using the username "VBT"... any relation? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very nice work on those. I like the speed you got on the 2600 emulator - my last attempt at a 2600 emulator on the 32X didn't come close to that speed.