C4 - 2008 discussion

RockinB said:
Yes. There are eight judges currently judging all twelve :rock: entries. I expect that the judges will finish their rating sunday 13th september. Some days ago, I've received the first rating, it's very well done!

I'm currently recording videos of the entries and I find myself playing longer than I need to for the videos. Hopefully the DVD-R is big enough :)

Thanks for the update!

Well it seems I spoke too early, I'm afraid I'll have to have to ask a 48h extension (i.e: tomorrow). This will give me the time to fine tune my ratings.

Can't wait for the results :)

Also, there are some important changes to my entry that didn't make it into the version i submitted for the contest that i'd like to release.

The judging proceedure is actually over since today. I have received 2 ratings of 8 judges.

SeGaFrEaK_NL said:
Well it seems I spoke too early, I'm afraid I'll have to have to ask a 48h extension (i.e: tomorrow). This will give me the time to fine tune my ratings.

I understand that, there are really a lot of entries this year, this takes some time to test them all intensively. I have written a reminder to all 6 remaining judges. Hopefully I will get enough ratings soon.

hkzlab said:
Can't wait for the results :)

Also, there are some important changes to my entry that didn't make it into the version i submitted for the contest that i'd like to release.

I intent to release the entries, the ratings and the videos this week. I've already uploaded all videos but one, which I have to record with an emulator.

Done.

It was a little short, especially because the judges have to download the file, burn the discs, get out their keyboards/virtua guns/4MB ram cartridges, play the games, run the emulators on their pc's and write the comments. Still, it was fun doing it!

Piratero said:
I can't wait for the results!

Yes, same for me. I do have 3 ratings at the moment, that's not enough, I need 5-6 ratings. Two judges have informed me that they will finish their ratings until early next week. I thought 8 judges would be enough to get 5 ratings, so I didn't take a 9th judge in the boat, at first. But that was then. The 9th judge has took up his work a couple of days ago, just in case....

All videos are recorded and uploaded to youtube, they are still private to not influence the judge procedure (friends of TheRealRockinB can have access, on request)...

RockinB said:
Yes, same for me. I do have 3 ratings at the moment, that's not enough, I need 5-6 ratings. Two judges have informed me that they will finish their ratings until early next week. I thought 8 judges would be enough to get 5 ratings, so I didn't take a 9th judge in the boat, at first. But that was then. The 9th judge has took up his work a couple of days ago, just in case....

All videos are recorded and uploaded to youtube, they are still private to not influence the judge procedure (friends of TheRealRockinB can have access, on request)...

Thanks for the update.

Rockin'-B, please give us some news and if possible results :) I don't need prize if it helps :) Also don't forget there was a special mod for the end of the year.:santa:

Hello guys,

I'm really sorry for the long delay. I must admid that I've been lazy in the last months and it's tricky to get started, again.

There will be prizes, of course. I like every contestant to please send me his paypal address for prize transfer. Contestants from europe should prefer usual bank transfer (it saves paypal fees) and provide me their IBAN and BIC numbers for international bank money transfer. It's free inside europe.

RockinB said:
Hello guys,

I'm really sorry for the long delay. I must admid that I've been lazy in the last months and it's tricky to get started, again.

There will be prizes, of course. I like every contestant to please send me his paypal address for prize transfer. Contestants from europe should prefer usual bank transfer (it saves paypal fees) and provide me their IBAN and BIC numbers for international bank money transfer. It's free inside europe.

Sent.

vbt said:
All entries :

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealRockinB

Thanks to Whitesnake for the link

How odd - many of the entries were by someone using the username "VBT"... any relation?
wink.gif
biglaugh.gif

Very nice work on those. I like the speed you got on the 2600 emulator - my last attempt at a 2600 emulator on the 32X didn't come close to that speed.

Back