cd scaratches

I've some original sega saturn cds but their all scratched up because my brother is not that careful on using, <_< it any ideas on how i can take off or clean them off?

You can get 'em resurfaced at most video/videogame stores for a nominal fee. If you don't want to do that, I hear Brasso (brass cleaner) works wonders as well.

Gamedoctors destroy more discs than they save. I've talked to some people who work at EB and they refuse to take in any game that has been gamedoctored.

I think I'll try the brass cleaner on a guinea pig cd before trying it on the actual saturn cd thanks for the info guys!!

Originally posted by gameboy900@Apr 4, 2004 @ 09:03 PM

Gamedoctors destroy more discs than they save. I've talked to some people who work at EB and they refuse to take in any game that has been gamedoctored.

People just don't know how to use the damn things, that's the problem.

I've had nothing but success with mine.

People forget to use the semi-rough pad after drying the disc... and then they forget to do it hard, and across the surface of the disc only. >_>

Iv used toothpaste to fix a disk with a pretty deep scratch in it. You can still see the scratch but now the disc plays fine in all of my players.

Dont try and use toothpaste if you are trying to make the disk look like new because you will never get that result.

I've found a better solution to fix the scratches on my cd, I bought a cd cleaning agent on National Bookstore the brand name is WIPE OUT for cds this is exclusively for taking away cd scratches and works like miracle my cd looks brand new!! :lol: :D :lol: :D

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Apr 12, 2004 @ 05:51 PM

People just don't know how to use the damn things, that's the problem.

I've had nothing but success with mine.

People forget to use the semi-rough pad after drying the disc... and then they forget to do it hard, and across the surface of the disc only. >_>

I've had good results with mine. The only problem is that it does give them a crappy appearance, if that's an issue. Although, what I have done with a couple of discs is use the game doctor a couple of times to remove the worst of it, and then a liquid scratch remover to make it look better (something similar to the wipe out repair kit). By itself, I found the liquid was only good for removing relatively fine damage. Anyway, nothing will help really bad gouges, or label-side damage. My poor, poor Silpheed disc...

Back