Custom Sega Console Thread

racketboy

Established Member
Anybody that has a custom paint job, LED, or other modification

Please post pics (and maybe even a link to instructions) of yours.

If you happen to stumble across a really good one on the net, feel free to link them too.

red_DC.jpg

Instructions: 1. Visit lik-sang.com 2. Order Dreamface

I gave the Saturn a light sand, a coat or two of white first and then applied several coats of blue.

Fortunately the pics aren't good enough for you to see too closely, as the sand paper I used was a little coarse and the surface ain't too great in a couple of spots.

As a first attempt I think it looks OK. I just need to work out what colours to try next and using what I've learnt it should come out even better.
smile.gif

Very nice indeed now I feel more confiident on painting the door and the buttons of the Saturn (sanyo) that I have, it doesn´t work too well so nothing to lose.

It's really not that hard to do. Patience is the key, and I just didn't have any, so the end result is a little less than perfect.
blush.gif

I was planning on doing a controller as well, but I ran out of enthusiasm. *shrug*

akuma, how do you people do those? I mean it doesn't look like paint, it looks like some sort of plastic coating or something. They cant just paint it on the console it has to be assembled in pieces or something right? Please if you can explain how the crap they do this.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@May 25, 2003 @ 03:34 PM

akuma, how do you people do those? I mean it doesn't look like paint, it looks like some sort of plastic coating or something. They cant just paint it on the console it has to be assembled in pieces or something right? Please if you can explain how the crap they do this.

airbrush

This is a airbrush and its air compresser:

pg0050-p003.jpg

It sprays thin couts of paint very opaque and water proof, the letters were made with stencils or hand made, when dry they spray with varnish.

I have stickers on mine. Theres A Quake 3 Cd lid cover, Under the lid is a Ready To Rumble Cd lid. And i have band stickers all around it and some anime stickers. Not really a custome console but sorta.
rolleyes.gif

Back