Damaged Jap Saturn

Hi Guys,

Just managed to pick up a mint jap saturn in the UK (White Flash) and got it on the cheap as it's got a strange problem.

Basically it works fine for about 20 minutes then supposedly the pad becomes unresposive. The game carries on running in the background, the system don't crash, but the pad doesn't work after roughly 20 minutes.

I didn't pay much so it's not a problem if i can't sort it but anyone have any ideas? Could it simply be a faulty control pad?

I've got a spare mk2 saturn (pal). Anything I could use out of this to fix it?

Could be the pad...sounds like some kind of heat buildup. Try cleaning the dust out of the system, or get a new pad. I don't think there is much of use in your spare Saturn to fix the DC.

Originally posted by Curtis@Jan 23, 2004 @ 08:57 PM

I don't think there is much of use in your spare Saturn to fix the DC.

DC?

What you talkin' 'bout Curtis?

Hmmm...good point! :blush:

The spare Saturn may well have some useful parts, assuming you can identify any faulty ones. I must have been talking about...err..electricity or ...err...music or something. :D

I got a similar problem.. my 3D Nights joypad's R trigger wouldn't work after a few minutes/hours. I tried unplugging the controller(while power is still on) and plug back in and it works fine..?? :blink:

Ok, I opened up the saturn and gave it my speciality clean (i've done it a lot of times before! )

But still no luck. After anything from 10 - 20 minutes the pad stops responding, then another 10 minutes later it crashes and reset button doesn't work....basically meaning I have to power down and then back up.

Other than this it works fine! I'd love to get to the bottom of it though. It crashed 2 times ealier and i've had it on for over an hour and it's been fine. Clocked street fighter zero 2 4 times and it's still fine :S

Really confused! Could it be that it's been in storage for so long it needed a good run????

Back