damn "wholesale info" auctions

so unless you sort your search results to "lowest prices first" (I prefer newest first and those ending first), they don't really get in the way. It depends on your keyword search and whether it includes descriptions or just titles, too.

I usually sort by ending first or "going, going, gone." As per another thread, the only way to win is to either outright buy the item or to bid at the last second. Therefore I look for the auctions that are soon to close to see if there's anything worth swooping in on. Yes, I can read and don't have to click on spam auctions, but they're still in the way. Sometimes it seems like there's more spam auctions than there are legit ones. And since I'm not looking for anything specific (just a good package deal) key words aren't going to filter any crap out.

Can't really fault eBay for it either, they dislike it as much as the users do, but what can they do?

Hire me to do nothing but search through new auctions and delete the spam. I'd do it too. For a while I was bent on submitting Dreamcast pirate auctions to Yahoo, and often complained to ISPs/hosts for those who had web pages too. A reletively small amount of people could be responsible for certain parts of the site. Some for electronics, others for whatever. Filters could help bring suspect auctions to a monitor's attention, but not scrap the auctions outright. Not perfect, but it's a start. Mindless work is something I know I'm qualified for.

Blaming eBay for wholesale crap is like blaming all of the Internet for email spam...

I do. I also blame it for getting me pregnant and for killing my dog.

HmmmmmMMM? Better?
tongue.gif

Hmmmm, no
tongue.gif

Blaming eBay for wholesale crap is like blaming all of the Internet for email spam...

if there wasnt people bidding on these crappy items then they wouldnt keep getting posted would they?

Back