Dead or Alive 2

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Originally posted by combination of info from the back covers of the NTSC-U and PAL versions ^^;

"A 10 out of 10... If we were stranded on a desert island with only one fighting game, that game would be DOA 2."

The world has become a very chaotic and disoriented place ever since the tragic murder of Fame Douglas, the sponsor of the legendary "Dead or Alive 1 World Combat Championship". We must now rely on you to ensure that the world returns back to a state of peace.

With 12 characters to choose from, your mission is to win the championship and save the world from the Tengu Disaster that will take place at the century's end. Your ability to battle using various fighting techniques will determine your character's fate. Will you fight for life or fight to the death?
  • Amazing multi-tiered fighting stages.
  • Furiously paced 4 player tag battle mode.
  • Special cinema modes between matches.
  • 12 incredible characters to choose from.
  • 7 modes of play: Story, Time Attack, Survival, Tag Battle, Team Battle, Sparring and Versus Mode

The second installment of Tecmo's racy game franchise hits the Dreamcast, and the graphics are very bootyful. :yum :lol:

Attachments

• Dead_Or_Alive_2_NTSC_disc.jpg
    Dead_Or_Alive_2_NTSC_disc.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Dead_Or_Alive_2_PAL_back.jpg
    Dead_Or_Alive_2_PAL_back.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 157
    65.3 KB · Views: 157
    150.6 KB · Views: 156
    65.3 KB · Views: 174
    150.6 KB · Views: 157
Okay game. It's enjoyable, but too shallow to be of any lasting value to me. Also, the original NA release really shafted everyone with the lack of extras.

One of the best and most graphically impressive 3D fighters of all time. I really really love it, and the Ultimate remake is simply incredible.

I absolutely love this game.

Sure, it's no VF, but it's fun as hell. My most played Dreamcast game, and my favorite DC game (Even moreso than RE: CV).

Jann-Lee > All.

I agree with what Rolf said. For me DOA is kind of a more lightweight alternative to VF. Better for a quick play as opposed to the more dedicated approach VF requires.

One thing for sure I think both series are better then Tekken by a long way.

I'll be getting DOA ultimate when it comes out in the UK,as well as possibly Xbox Live to go with it.

I passed on it in its Dreamcast days. I plan to get it the Ultimate remake this Christmas, however.

Perhaps we can set up some SegaXtreme fights if enough people have Live/Ultimate? :) Des, do you have Live?

Had loads of fun with the Dreamcast version, and I saw the new Xbox release today in the local gamesture.

Awesome title, one of those titles that justifies buying a dreamcast if you don't already have one.

I forgot to mention, the music absolutely rocks. "Glorious Victory (Credits in Story Mode) is the best song.

I liked it for a little while, but it didn't really have enough to make me come back to it.

It's not bad though.

Like the game, though I suck at it. Also especially like Helena's opera stage music. I got DOA:Ultimate, sometimes interesting to just watch others play online.

Originally posted by Flakvin@Tue, 2004-12-07 @ 10:56 PM

I thought this game was boring.

Enough said.

[post=125403]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed, also the loading its pretty bad takes too much time to show the characters in the select menu among other things (yes even on GDrom disk).

Back