Dragon Force 2

schi0249

Mid Boss
I have gotten most of the parts done. However, I am stuck. I am suppose to open the iso and replace certain files and then save the new iso. The program they recommend using is UltraISO. However, the demo version doesn't allow you to save files larger than 300 MB, and this is more like 500. Any suggestions on a free program that could accomplish this? I am a huge fan of the first game. And my exposure to 2 is limited due to the lan guage barrier. Here is a link to their page. All help is appreciated.

Originally posted by schi0249@Wed, 2006-02-15 @ 05:23 AM

I have gotten most of the parts done. However, I am stuck. I am suppose to open the iso and replace certain files and then save the new iso. The program they recommend using is UltraISO. However, the demo version doesn't allow you to save files larger than 300 MB, and this is more like 500. Any suggestions on a free program that could accomplish this? I am a huge fan of the first game. And my exposure to 2 is limited due to the lan guage barrier. Here is a link to their page. All help is appreciated.

[post=144407]Quoted post[/post]​

try down a crack for UltraISO, on astalavista.com have a powerfull search engine for cracks, serials and others...

IPS can't patch files bigger than 16MB and is basically a broken format in other ways as well. You probably want to use something like PPF.

yeah, i tried to follow their steps and it didn't work. my saturn recognised 2 tracks; but not that it was a saturn disc.

Originally posted by schi0249@Sat, 2006-02-18 @ 11:40 AM

yeah, i tried to follow their steps and it didn't work. my saturn recognised 2 tracks; but not that it was a saturn disc.

[post=144495]Quoted post[/post]​

It looks like the problem has something to do with UltraISO rebuilding the disk and messing up the LBA of the files. I know theres another app I've used before to patch an ISO without messing with the LBA location of the files, but I'm lookin for it. Otherwise I'll be re-learning how to do this with a hex-editor ;_;

Mind posting the directions you have btw? If I could figure this out I could create a PPF patch fairly eaisily.

Well I checked the IP.BIN against the first 32k of my rip of the game and there is some minor offsetting of a few values here and there. I even went as far as ripping the first 32k from the original iso I have to the edited iso (since it shouldn't change anyways). The good news is I got to the Sega logo that way. The bad news is the Saturn freezes at that point. I'll mess with this a little more when I get my shipment of Verbatims (I'm down to my last 6 and media you buy in stores anymore is crap) and my 4meg cart in later this week.

Chances are I'll likely have to go the route of adding the files in at the hex editor level so as to not disturb any weird file orders unless someone else here knows how to so I don't have to figure it out again.

Originally posted by kermit007

media you buy in stores anymore is crap
Generally true, but Maxell has a "CD-R Pro" brand on retail shelves that, while mildly expensive, is made by Taiyo Yuden (or was last time I bought some).

Well I got bored a few hours ago and hex-editited in the appropriate values and it starts up the Sega screen like it worked and then goes back to the Saturn screen with the floating blocks as if the drive door was open so since the seller for my 4-in-1 cart was a jackass and shipped my cart a week late I'll be holding off on anymore progress.

Edit: Turns out the way I burned it was odd (caused errors). I'm going to look into this a bit more though since I've got it running and so far everything I've spoted in English is next to useless to me (the most basic menus you can figure out even if you don't understand basic kana...I really hope I missed something, but all signs point to that I did it right). More than happy to create a PPF patch if someone else wants to play with my results so far.

Bah...heres the PPF (no guarentees now...I haven't done this in a year or two). The only thing you may need to be warry of is that I think I did the country code patch from Japan & Asia to Japan & USA after I did the hex edits. It's really disapointing to see that so little was accomplished when it was such a bitch getting the hex editing down again. Anyways back to the Jap studying then sleep.

Feedback welcomed if I goofed somethin up. Oh and this was done directly on a Bin + Cue file.

Attachments

• DF2_645_1.rar
    24.1 KB · Views: 140
Back