Error ripping Saturn games

Hiya folks,

When I try and rip Saturn games I get the following error in cdrwin:

Unable to read DATA sectors xxxx to xxxx on device xx

Illegal command request xxh xxh xxh etc

The cuesheet is created, the bin file is not.

The only workaround so far is to copy the game to a cdr and then rip the cdr.

Reading options RAW is unchecked per the faq. CDR version 3.9K, windows xp service pack 2, aspi layer installed. Tried both DVD drive and cd-rw drive for rip. Games tested: Solar Eclipse and Last Gladiators pinball.

Could be the drive your ripping with, try a different one. Also make sure ASPI is installed, you can get Forceaspi by searching via google.

Try using something else to rip a Bin/cue.

I believe Blindwrite 4 has the most accurate ripping engine.

If the problem repeats on different drives and rippers, then I guess the CD is so scratched that it cannot be read.

i wouldn't suggest turning off RAW.

I never got why that was so explicitly mentioned in the FAQ.

Were're going for a 1:1 copy arent we, so why let the reader/writer re-calculate the ECC/EDC...

Also, i would suggest you set subcode analysis to quick.

Why quick and not auto? Well, by setting it to quick we will force a subcode analysis. when setting it to auto, and when your cd/dvd drive does not support reading of subcode it wil switch to fixed. So that would be of no good to us.

what's it for?

Most SEGA Saturn games have a 2 second gap between each audio track. If the subchannel data is not read/analysed, these gaps are ignored and so you wont get a 1:1 backup (the backup will work though).

Originally posted by Quakester2000@Sat, 2005-07-16 @ 09:46 PM

Could be the drive your ripping with, try a different one. Also make sure ASPI is installed, you can get Forceaspi by searching via google.

[post=136798]Quoted post[/post]​

Why would you need the have aspi installed?

CDRwin comes with it's own ASPI layer.

ADAPTEC's ASPI is the biggest *** i've ever seen. :smash

Back