Faulty 4-in-1?

Sup. I bought one of those ram carts called the "Boom 4M Booster Pack", strange thing it was. When i first put it in the slot and turned it on, nothing happened. The Ram Card wasnt detected as an Action Replay nor a 4M ram thing(i have a model 1 saturn and i swap) The next day after school, I came home and all of a sudden the action replay booted up, but still no ram. A few days after the 4M ram Started working, but... the action replay didnt boot (it Froze at the "ACTION REPLAY" logo) This happened 2-3 months ago, currently my ram card works, but the action replay is still messed. Some random times when i play Astra Superstars-with the 4M ram inserted- it gives me an error in japanese. But normally it works.

maybe you can get some info from my travails:

I bought a 5-in-1 card a LONG time ago(my first such card). Bought it from a local game place, used, no box with this label:

SS(circled) 5in1(explosion drawing)

4MB MEMORY CARD

EXPAND RUM CARD

ss expand card ACTION REPLAY

note: the rum isn't a typo
smile.gif

to make a long story short, what i bought IS an action replay card with both memory and RAM, but it's version 1.94, which has a ton of cheats and works fine for some cart games, like metal slug. It will not, however, work with many cart-fighters like SF Zero, Vamp Savior, etc. So i was able to buy another cart, this one with a box, labeld action replay plus, and this one works with ALL cart-games(turns out it's action replay version 2.01).

So it sounds like you may have bought an early(1st gen?) action replay cart. Try it with metal slug or KOF 96(on this the game will work fine, but no background music). I've got a 1st gen saturn also, with original box and instruction/warrantly booklet hehe

I think the point here is that the carts these guys have got are meant to have cheats, added save space and RAM expansion as well.

It sounds like some of them, especially the Boom 4M Booster Pack, are just plain dodgy.

Back