Finally got it

12 pages of debate goodness, I think that this is a thread that this place needed for a change, its a thread chuck full of everyones idea's and preferences and opinion,s, gotta love it. And it all started because I bought "Box A"
biggrin.gif

I say let this good thread roll and continue to grow with comments.

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 27 2002,10:43

12 pages of debate goodness, I think that this is a thread that this place needed for a change, its a thread chuck full of everyones idea's and preferences and opinion,s, gotta love it. And it all started because I bought "Box A"
biggrin.gif

I say let this good thread roll and continue to grow with comments.

i agree with everything you just said...except for the "Box A" comment...(but thats why im here after all)
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cww80@June 27 2002,07:52

those 12pages got your attention didnt they...and yes your right no one is getting anywhere...but really as Zero 9 said earlier were just being consumers...havent you ever defended something you liked?this is a forum and people tend to chat on forums...(about anything and everything)and if you look at most of the threads on here they almost always go off topic...(if you remember in Gallstaffs thread about getting $1000 we started talking guitars)
biggrin.gif

Well that gets a big '10' on the "NO SHIT SHERLOCK" meter! Gee, I didn't know any of this before your enlightenment.

(Sorry, in a bad mood and no pain meds.)
devil.gif

Well I think my Atari ST beats the pants off Xbox and PS2. It has keys.. do the others? It has a midi socket.. do the others? And if you spin a DVD on your finger whilst looking at the ST off your face on narcotics, the DVD's play all sorts of 'hidden extras' that you'd never find on an Xbox.

Rat, I say take your Xbox back and get yourself an ST. Don't be tempted to get an Amiga though, they're shit.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Myname@June 27 2002,11:06

Well I think my Atari ST beats the pants off Xbox and PS2. It has keys.. do the others? It has a midi socket.. do the others? And if you spin a DVD on your finger whilst looking at the ST off your face on narcotics, the DVD's play all sorts of 'hidden extras' that you'd never find on an Xbox.

Rat, I say take your Xbox back and get yourself an ST. Don't be tempted to get an Amiga though, they're shit.
smile.gif

lmao
biggrin.gif

Quote fallstaff:

Well that gets a big '10' on the "NO SHIT SHERLOCK" meter! Gee, I didn't know any of this before your enlightenment.

if you knew that then why post in the first place...

devil.gif

Originally posted by Myname@June 26 2002,10:06

smile.gif

Hey, I should take back the xbox and get that powerhouse unit atari 2600!! gotta love that 1 button goodness
smile.gif

Originally posted by cww80@June 27 2002,09:15

Quote fallstaff:

if you knew that then why post in the first place...

devil.gif

Merely offering my opinion on the discussion in its entirety. Now wipe your nose, have your mommy wipe your ass and go back to the playground. Hopscotch is about to begin followed by coloring in the lines 101.
devil.gif
Right back atcha!

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 26 2002,09:13

I rip the ps2 apart because i've owned one, actually bought it for the dvd capability and I was less than impressed, the only game i bought it for was gta 3, and that is out for the pc. so i'm all happy without the ps2
smile.gif
i might go buy a gamecube today maybe. resident evil is just to amazing on the system to pass up.

Hey you got GTAIII for ps2? I rented and returned it a week late since i loved it so much. The thing is i don't wanna get it for ps2... should i get it for pc or will i be compromsing graphics/features?

I don't see why many people hate microsoft, and feel they must hate the X-box as well.

And I really hope that people who hate microsoft, hate it by choice, and not by trend.

Get it for the PC, it looks better and as a bonus you can play your own mp3 files in the game, its a great option.

Oh and for all of you that hate the xbox I have a great reason to own one..... PSO!! Sonic team is bringing it out for xbox soon.

so far the xbox port of PSO is just that...a straight port of v.2 for the DC. the GC version will be MUCH better since it includes "episode" 1 (the original versions 1 and 2) and an upgraded "episode" 2 (which has the new characters, 2 more levels and on and on). and it's going to be the only online game for the GC in the forseeable future.

Originally posted by ToMaTo@June 27 2002,16:34

just like to point out that ps2 lasers blow goats i have one and i know..

uh yeah...i remember when the Xbox first came out stores pulled it off the shelf for a while cause people reported that it was scratching discs...
biggrin.gif

Are these official Sony goats or third party ones?

My vote goes for third-party. The official ones tend to break down a couple of months after the warranty expires, and who's going to pay more than twice as much for a Sony goat when the Mad Catz ones are built just as well and have rubberized grips?
devil.gif

Originally posted by cww80+June 26 2002,19:00--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 26 2002,19:00)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ToMaTo@June 27 2002,16:34

just like to point out that ps2 lasers blow goats i have one and i know..

uh yeah...i remember when the Xbox first came out stores pulled it off the shelf for a while cause people reported that it was scratching discs...
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

That was a BS rumor, ah haha.

It's time for me to speak I think!
biggrin.gif

*Silender wears his uniform & enters the war*

First of all: NO OFFENSE to ANYONE so don't missread me please.
wink.gif

The Top 5 Best selling games in the July EGM are as follows...

1: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)

2: Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)

3: Virtua Fighter 4 (PS2)

4: Sonic Advance (GBA)

5: Sonic Adventure 2:Battle (GC)

Cool!!! 3 Sega's games are in the top 5!!!! Hail SEGA!!!

lets see my favorite genres are,RPG,Strategy,Fighting and then ShootersThe Xbox has no rpgs,no strategy games almost no Fighting games(that interest me)and no Shooters...see why i dont care for it...now why in the hell would i buy one...funny how a system you say is a better value is lacking in so many genres...

Let's see!!!

Fighting: Dead or Alive 3, Soul Calibur 2 (PS2 version doesn't stand a chance)

Shooting: Panzer Dragoon Orta (need more???)

RPGs: Shenmue 2, Morrowind, Lord of the Rings(exclusive), Dungeons & Dragons Heroes, Star Wars:KotOR

you want to talk about hardware features...how about the fact that PS2 plays PS games!

I can't see where is the good point here. ???

It seems that Sony don't want (the gamers) to forget of PSX's (mostly) non-quality past. LOL

So PS2 can play PSX games! If I wanna play PSX games I can buy a PSX with less money or download a bleem or an EPSXE and play with a better quality. Besides I have to remind you about "Bleemcast". That was the first step! The next one is a complete PSX emulator for X-Box. No reason to buy a PS2 to play PSX games. If you have PSX games you also have the original System or an emulator.
wink.gif

is Sega the only company you can mention whos really supporting the Xbox?

Hehe!! Good sense of humor.

Bah, am i the only person in the world who doesnt like the dual shock controller?

Nope!!! I don't like it too
biggrin.gif

Try to play Capcom VS SNK with it (or every other 2D Fighting with that kind of special moves).

I personally, would buy an xbox before a PS2.

I personally, will never buy a PS2.

I love the box's controller, fits good in my huge hands.

I love it. It reminds me the DC's one. *hugs a phot of the controler*

how about the fact that the PS2 outsold both the Xbox and GC during their launch periods(yeah it sure is lacking in sells)i get all my info from Gamespot and EGM...(2 credible sources, more so than yahoo)

Ever noticed that PS2 is out before GC and X-Box? It is logical to out sold a console when it has 6 months instead of 2 years. By your thinking method NES still outsold PS2 so it's the best one!
biggrin.gif

The best games for each Genre?(are you kidding me)

Rpg: PDS is great,but way to short!The Shining Force 3 games are the best the saturn had.(im actually playing it now)

PS has Final Fantasy(4-9)Xenogears, Chrono Cross and Lunar!(yes i know the Saturn had Lunar as well, but only in Japan)

Shooters:pS has Einhander(which is just awesome)Funny you should mention Radiant Silvergun,seeing as you got on me earlier for mentioning the japanese market...

Strategy:the PS has Final Fantasy Tactics,i can assure you the Saturn doesnt have a strategy game of that calibur.

Nope!
biggrin.gif

PSX may has FF7,8,9 but NOT 4,5,6. These are SNES games do not count them or else you have to count Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid and Grand Turismo 2 for Dreamcast as well (see bleemcast).

You said that you know that Lunar were on both consoles so why you mention it? We speak for games here not for languages. Shining Force 3 scenarios 2 & 3 are in Japanese too but I enjoy them equally with the first one (God blesses Aspinia team, Moogie, Aspartate, Lineage and the the rest of them). Let me tell you something: Dracula X was way better on Saturn with these Jap voices and I prefer them from that "mama-give-me-my-milk" voice on the PSX version (I speak for the "Dark Metamorphosis" and "Soul Steal" voices). Also you mentioned Crhono Cross but you forgot to mention Suikoden which is one of the good PSX (and Saturn) titles. Do not try to change my mind with shooting games! PSX is a joke in front of Saturn's huge shooting library. Almost every PSX shooting game (vertical or horizontal) is either ported from Saturn or just crappy. Leave the 2D job to the master. Yes FFtactics is the ONLY game from that series that I like but it has vanished in the Shadow of the mighty Shining Force 3 which is a strategy RPG just like FFT(It seems that even now that you played SF3 you cannot recognise a RPG from a Strategy RPG), there are also Langrisser 3,4,5,Drama Edition and DragonForce 1 & 2. So... yes Saturn hasn't Strategy RPGs of that calibur... it has way better.
biggrin.gif

it wasnt really dead in the us until Magic Knight Rayearth came out in the end of 1998...i was just pointing out the fact that you mentioned japan and got on me for doing it earlier...

Now that you mentioned... Saturn showed how the games must be even in his death period.

and this guy is telling me to read my posts...sheesh,cant even read his own...and as far as the PS2 not selling well...prove it!!!

Yes but first you prove the opposite(no stupid site links and shit cause i can make a huge site and tell a bunch or rumors too, am I right?).
wink.gif

Quote (SeGa4life @ June 26 2002,07:38)

Would u PRAISE a game with Good graphics but shitty control...?

Except GTA3.....

No i'm sure u wouldn't...

The why praise A DvD player with shitty control....

And the "POINT" I was makeing about getting the Controler was 2 SEE if it control'ed the DvD player Better...But it didn't..

And the Smooth Texters gimic in the PS2 is for PSX games and u keep having 2 turn it on every time u turn on the System ...WAIST of TIME!

the point is...you have no point yeah some nice spelling in your last post...how do you mix up waste with waist?

Good excuse but... I can't see your answer to him.
biggrin.gif

PS3 is going 2 have a Modem...Geeee thats.great

umm ya didn't sony say PS2 was suppost 2 be online thoe....It's nice 2 know there more worried about the next system before they even got throw the first 1 thats money grubers for ya not gamers...

Sony promised a lot. Remember the 75 million polygons per second and 48GB/s of memory bandwidth? I do. The 75 million number was reduced to 66 million. Afterwards, it was admitted that these PS2 numbers were a peak performance figure for flat -shaded, identically shaped polygons. Unfortunately, the image of the PS2 as some sort of polygon monster had already become firmly entrenched in the minds of the mainstream media. Sega chose a more conservative approach, which is in keeping with their new business philosophy - to regain the trust and confidence of gamers. Since its introduction two years ago, Sega has never mislead gamers about the Dreamcast's power. 3+ million polygons is all that Sega ever claims, even though new games like Test Drive: Le Mans push closer to five million in 3D scenes loaded with effects.The truth is that the PS2 has never displayed more than 2-3 million polys in a game. The main problem is a memory one. With only a 4MB VRAM cache on its GS graphics processor, the PS2 is severely limited in what it can achieve on screen. While it's true that 32MB of main memory and the fairly powerful Emotion Engine processor are capable of producing in the neighbourhood of 10-12 million textured and lit polygons/second, the poor design of the GS and its small pipeline to main memory restrict the final number to roughly half of that. What? You mean, regardless of the power of the EE processor and the large amount of available memory, the PS2 is still only capable of displaying 5-6 million on-screen polygons? The answer, unfortunately, is yes. By contrast, the Dreamcast has only 16 MB of main memory and a processor that is only capable of one-half the number of polygons/second - ie. 5- 6 million - but the whole point of the exercise is to get these onto your television. An intelligent memory saving technique known as differed rendering, coupled with the PowerVR2DC graphics chip's hardware texture compression abilities, allow the Dreamcast to display all of its generated polygons. To better understand the PS2's limitations and the Dreamcast's strengths, you need only look at the available video memory for your answer. While the DC has 8MB of VRAM, the PS2 has only 4MB of VRAM. The main problem arises because a polygon takes up roughly 40 bytes of RAM. When you have 5 million of them in a given second, this amounts to 5 million/60fps = 83,333 polygons in a give frame of animation. If each of these polygons uses 40 bytes of VRAM, you will use 3.33 MB displaying these 5 million PPS. This doesn't leave the PS2 much room for it's framebuffer which uses around 1.2MB just to display the end data, not to mention that you still need to leave room for textures to put on those polygons. Ahhhh Sony, to reach these numbers you have first beat the poor Dreamcast's Dead or Alive 2 number (2.300.000 in the dragon-statue stage). Sony may provide us 60Hz to all games with PS3 a hard drive too, maybe a better DVD player or hologramic screen and it may won't need a TV to play on it and who knows how many other lies for their new "diamond". The company doesn't change the machine's name just for not loosing the "Playstation" sound to the ear of the buyer. PS3 will be another "miracle" in the paper.

first off...the Playstation 2 is only a little over 2years old...it launched in japan march 4th 2000...it wont be 2 till october in the us...

Yes and you still dare to compare PS2 sales with the ones of GC & X-box which both are 6 months out (or less?)!!!! Man.. are your nuts??

it wouldnt be possible to emulate the PS2 on the Xbox...

Yes but it may be possible to emulate the first PSX...
biggrin.gif

Is that why the average score for a PS2 game on IGN is 6, and the average score for an Xbox game is 7.5?

Piece of advice to Zero 9: Friend don't take seriously what everyone is writing on revies or average scores. I work in my local area's Game Magazine but the mayjor editor had been proposed from SONY to pay us instead of raising our scores by one point (out of 10) back in the 32-bit era. Just believe what you see when we speak for games.

goddamn it i can't take it anymore... i'm gonna go insane ...

ANTI-GALLSTAFF driving me crazy.... *violent arm spasms*

Easy boy, easy. Let me handle it Mighty Wizard of Light Gallstaff. *Silender draws his Longsword*
wink.gif

oh sheesh...the more games a system has the more likely it is to have bad ones...is that so hard to figure out...

Nope!!! But it's hard to me to understand why DC has about 700+ and from these the 500 are good, Saturn has 1500+ and the 1000 are good, PS2 has 500+ and 50 are good(maybe I give too much with that "50").

...are you saying that every game released so far for Xbox is high quality?have you played Kabuki Warriors for it...

Have you played Ridge Racer V or Tekken Tag tournament??? Let's don't speak for first generation games(cause X-box still is in the first one) PS2 doesn't stand a chance.

For instance, ps2 has got GTA3, GCN has Resident Evil. Xbox is waiting on its next big console moving game.

It has it!!! PANZER DRAGOON ORTA!!! This game will be the mayjor reason for my X-Box if I buy one.

Im glad you brought this up actually...Im playing Shining Force 3 right now(damn Uknown 0:00 file)...im sure people will disagree with what im about to say, but Shining Force is more of an Rpg with strategy elements...than a strategy game...

Poor kid! How wrong you are. You can't see the difference between an RPG combat system(time bars, mass playing) and an overhead strategy turn based RPG combat system?

Dragon Force is awesome...but once again its really simple,thats not a bad thing,but its why i dont like it as much as Final Fantasy Tactics...has anyone here actually played tactics?Tactics is so deep!

I've played it and I admire that kind of games. It's very similar to Tactics Ogre and way better from that sucky FMV series... oops I mean FF series!
biggrin.gif

Virtua Fighter 4 completly gang rapes Dead or Alive 3

Erm... Yes VF4 is better but not completly gang rapes. It has awsome backgrounds IMHO.

You just love ripping apart the Xbox dont you?

Yes he does!!!
biggrin.gif

Sorry if I sound offensive but for another time: I have no problem with anyone(except one ba***rd who is banned right now).

OFF TOPIC:

-DBOY- Nice avatars man. Are some of them from Emerald Dragon?

Back