Gameshark Upgrade

Knight0fDragon

Patron Supporter
Ok well heres what happened, my Gameshark died, as in after the opening screen it freezes, and I tried using Comms link tools, but that didnt work.

So then I tried ExCybers PAR upgrading tool, and at first the saturn didnt recognize it as a cart and went right to CD, but after different tries I found a way to get it to boot to the sega copyright screen. So what I was wondering, is there a way to load GS bios this way, or perhaps, loar some kind of code from here so that a mod chip isnt needed

I have a similar problem with my EMS 4M Plus.

The cart boots, but hangs at some title screen (on all my Saturns). Maybe the flashrom is corrupted. My cartridge slot is somwhat broken, so maybe that has destroyed the cart.

But there is no way to flash it with arflash or SGM, since the cart always boots first - and hangs. If I could force it to boot from CD instead....

People use to do cart swapping in the olden days before mod chips. I've never tried it, and it seems like a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. But the basic idea was if you wanted to play a Japanese game AND use your backup cart, you had to first boot the game with a "satellite" cart. When the game boots, yank out the cart and insert the backup cartridge.

Yeah on second thought, nevermind don't do it.

Well what I was thinking of is just running code off the AR, because another thing about ExCybers CD Flash program is that it bypasses the open door switch reset

Originally posted by slinga@Fri, 2005-09-16 @ 01:04 AM

People use to do cart swapping in the olden days before mod chips. I've never tried it, and it seems like a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. But the basic idea was if you wanted to play a Japanese game AND use your backup cart, you had to first boot the game with a "satellite" cart. When the game boots, yank out the cart and insert the backup cartridge.

Yeah on second thought, nevermind don't do it.

[post=139671]Quoted post[/post]​

another thing about ExCybers CD Flash program is that it bypasses the open door switch reset
Funny thing about that: apparently, a program has to set up that interrupt itself, or it won't reset. I don't do anything special to "bypass" it. :)

Back