Graduation money

be like me and go get a tattoo
wink.gif

Seriously though, save the money for college or whatever.

Blowing it on video games and shit is kinda silly - it sounds cool and all but later on you will probably regret it to some extent.

Of course, what would I know? I'm just a dumb girl.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@June 25 2002,22:50

and myname, those tables aren't new. They've been around since the eighties. Seems that only japan has gotten them though...

Well it's the first time I've seen ones like that (I've seen sit-down cabs before, but not the same). And how in hell would you know? You were only just born in the eighties!
smile.gif

Save for college? SAVE FOR COLLEGE? *sigh* girls.. when will they learn?

Anyway, i'm pretty sure i want this ddr machine but the th ing is it's a mono-pad so theres only one dance pad, no bars, ONE crummy speaker and it doesn't have the strobe lights! ehhhhhhhhhh. should i go for it?

One of my theories is "don't settle for less".

If it's not want you want, you may regret it later.

But that's still a lot of money for what it is, IMO

actually saving it is good.

"Of course, what would I know? I'm just a dumb girl." -cyn

That's right woman get back in the kitchen and cook me up some pancakes. You're sounding like a no doubt song but what ever. eh i'm just busting on you

I say blow the cash, but don't buy the DDR thing if you have any doubts whatsoever.The most expensive things I have ever bought (guitar, bass and laptop) I wanted for years, make sure it's not just a whim that you might regret.

Yuk, I sound like my Dad

Really-really-super-magic-special-fantastical-white boy-old fart-off topic question.lol.

What kind of guitar did you buy? I used to collect and one of my side lines is repair-restoration and customizing of guitars and other stringed instruments. Not as much into it now but I used to be able to quote serial number lists for late fifties Les Paul Special and pre-cbs stratocasters and production totals as well for obscure guitars and amps.

wow!this thread just changed for the better...i know you didnt ask me the question fallstaff,but i have a 69 Fender Mustang reissue(95)I put a tune-o-matic bridge on it and then i have a 59paf humbucker(seymour duncan)in the bridge position and a hot rails(single coil)in the neck position..im not going to sell it or anything but hell its worth mentioning...
biggrin.gif

Does it have that oh so cool racing stripe the originals had? At the moment, my main guitar is a les paul I heavily customized with dimarzio super hot humbuckers, gold plated hardware and a custom sparkle finish I did myself. It's a multisparkle finish on an olympic white undercoat. When the light hits it, it reflects it with a rainbow effect. It came out very nice. I usually run it through a vintage fender deluxe tube amp. You know, the one with the ox blood grill cloth and the cream tolex cover. Sounds oh so warm and SHWEET!!!
biggrin.gif

I have a black '77 Telecaster and a black '73 Rickenbacker 4001 bass. I used to have one of those cheap Epiphone Les Pauls (it was cheap but nice to play) and a black Duosonic which I looked ridiclous with because it had a three quarter length fretboard and I'm quite tall. The two I have now I've wanted since being maybe 10 or 11, buying them was the culmination of two-summer's work when I was at school
smile.gif

Originally posted by falstaff@June 25 2002,20:15

Does it have that oh so cool racing stripe the originals had? At the moment, my main guitar is a les paul I heavily customized with dimarzio super hot humbuckers, gold plated hardware and a custom sparkle finish I did myself. It's a multisparkle finish on an olympic white undercoat. When the light hits it, it reflects it with a rainbow effect. It came out very nice. I usually run it through a vintage fender deluxe tube amp. You know, the one with the ox blood grill cloth and the cream tolex cover. Sounds oh so warm and SHWEET!!!
biggrin.gif

no, mine is Sonic Blue...yeah i was thinking of putting a dimarzio(quality pickups)sh3 humbucker in the bridge position in my mustang...a les paul is a nice guitar...i prefer Fender cause of the tone, they get...i wish i had an amp as good as yours...right now i just have a crappy little Kustom Practice amp...it works...for now...
biggrin.gif

I currently have three amps. A mid 50's Gretsch, an early 60's Ampeg and of course the late 50's Deluxe. I also have one of the first guitars that gretsch produced when they coverted some of their factories in the early 1930's from Banjo and Drum mftg to acoustic arch-top jazz guitars, the Les Paul, a Fender Jazzmaster from late 60's, a Danolectro guiotar from the early 60's and a fender strat standard that is also customized. I used to have a total of 23 guitars but had to give most up when I moved from New Jersey to AZ. Damn!
angry.gif

Jesus, what with the game collection and that list of guitars I know whose house I'll be robbing next
smile.gif

Yes and I'll be sure to greet you with my Jat Bam Do butterfly knives or my Tai Chi Quan long sword. Come on, lets play.

You'll have to make sure you'll deal more damage than I do to myself with my nunchakus. Constant bruised arms since I bought a pair..

myname i once hit my elbow with a pair and i couldn't straighten out my arm for at least a month. also i hit my left knee rather hard and the rest of my body got used to being hit by them.

Thats why most students begin with a practice set made of foam covered wood or plastic. Less chance of knocking yourself out. Personally, I've always appreciated the damage a knowledgable practisioner could deal out with nunchukas or kamas, but have always preferred my nine section whip. I feel it's much more versatile and has a foot or more in reach advantage as well. Plus their made of steel.
devil.gif

ok so i wont buy the ddr machine, i don't think i'll buy an arcade machine at all as i will get bored with it in time... damn so much money and i don't know what to do with it.

Originally posted by falstaff@June 25 2002,21:03

I currently have three amps. A mid 50's Gretsch, an early 60's Ampeg and of course the late 50's Deluxe. I also have one of the first guitars that gretsch produced when they coverted some of their factories in the early 1930's from Banjo and Drum mftg to acoustic arch-top jazz guitars, the Les Paul, a Fender Jazzmaster from late 60's, a Danolectro guiotar from the early 60's and a fender strat standard that is also customized. I used to have a total of 23 guitars but had to give most up when I moved from New Jersey to AZ. Damn!
angry.gif

Fender Jazzmaster...thats a quality guitar,man...id like to get a Fender Jaguar...eventually...
biggrin.gif

Back